I’ve had a Google Adwords account for some time now and have tried running an ad or two before using some free Adwords credits but this will be the first time I am running an ad campaign for an int’l client.
I did some quick research on my own and must read quite a number of articles about running an Adwords campaign, yet I can’t say that I already know everything there is to learn about it.
From my understanding, it’s as simple as:
- Doing some keyword research. I use Overture Keyword Selector Tool as it gives me an exact figure of the number of searches in the previous month (though only for Yahoo). In conjunction to that, I also use the Adwords Keyword Tool just to verify if the search volume is relatively the same on Google.
- Create a good copy for your ads. Make multiple copies targeting different potential audience and different selling points.
- Optimize the landing page to adjust to the intended audience to maximize conversion. It could be in the form of newsletter subscriber, a registered member in the forums, etc.
- Set the daily budget and hope that there are no competitors in the targeted keywords.
- Watch and learn — wash, rinse and repeat.
Anyone have extensive experience with Adwords? Anything else I might have missed? My client’s targeted keywords are not competitive so I’m hoping for $0.01 PPC rate.