Yesterday, we received an email from a local PR firm announcing the availability of Apple Certified Pre-owned iPhone 5 in the country.
What is an Apple Certified Pre-owned device, you might ask? Well, in a nutshell, these are returned/repaired units that were serviced by Apple and are being sold at a lower price.
But according to the company, these devices have undergone “rigorous refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale.” Below are some of the things that Apple did on these reconditioned devices before resold to consumers.
Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:
• fully tested (including full burn-in testing)
• refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing
• thoroughly cleaned and inspected
• repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.)
• includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system
• given a new refurbished part number and serial number
• placed into a final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock
Further information about Apple Certified Refurbished Products can be found on this link.
In addition to what’s mentioned above, Apple Certified Refurbished Products are covered by the company’s standard one-year limited warranty which can be extended for up to three additional years by purchasing AppleCare Protection Plan.
Apple Certified Refurbished iPhone 5 will be available in the country through various multi-brand retailers such as MemoXpress, Wellcom and EPhone. The 16GB version will set you back Php23,699 while the 32GB model can be had for Php24,999.