We’ve recently reported on Apple’s Battery Replacement Program for the iPhone 5 first coming to America and China. Now it’s our turn since the program is now in effect here in the Philippines. Here’s the procedure of what you should do and how to find the nearest service provider.
1. Choose your method of service:
- Go to an authorized Apple service provider. (Find one near you)
- Make an appointment at an Apple retail store.
- Contact technical support.
Note: If you wish to go to an authorized Apple service provider, just click on the link and input your current location for them to give you a list of service provider locations.
2. Once there, your iPhone 5 will be examined before any service is done just to verify that it is eligible for the program and is in working order.
3. After verification and everything is good to go, it’s now time to prepare your device for the battery replacement. Be sure to:
- Backup your data to iTunes or iCloud
- Turn off Find my iPhone
- And finally, Erase data and settings (Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings)
That’s about it! Apple reminds us, though, that any damage apart from the battery that may affect the process should first be repaired before the procedure for battery replacement begins.
For other concerns you may visit Apple’s Battery Replacement Program page.