17 state universities and colleges in the Philippines will soon start teaching a course that will help students prepare themselves for their future career in the BPO industry.
According to ABS-CBN, the state universities and colleges listed below will start offering the course Minor in Service Management this school year 2014-2015 with the help of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP). The course has 21 units and 5 subjects which includes English Proficiency and Service Culture.
1. Pangasinan State University
2. Cavite State University
3, Laguna State Polytechnic University
4. West Visayas State University
5. Batangas State University
6. Carlos Hilado Memorial State College
7. Negros Oriental State University
8. Wester Visayas College of Science and Technology
9. University of Southeast Philippines
10. Benguet State University
11. Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
12. Tarlac State University
13. Bulacan State University
14. Technological University of the Philippines
15. Philippine Normal University
16. Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College
17. Polytechnic University of the Philippines
More than 70,000 positions are being offered by the BPO industry in the Philippines every year. Last month, JobStreet listed the Call Center / IT-Enabled Services / BPO industry as one of its top high-paying jobs for fresh graduates in the country.