- Starmobile Vida: 3.5-inch Android Kitkat for Php2,499
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe in the flesh
- Wear this: Garmin Vivofit Smartband
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe vs Nokia Lumia 530
- Android L is Lion according to Nexus 5 (2014) leak
- Prices of iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in HK, SG, AU, Japan, Taiwan
- LTFRB to require GPS installed in public buses
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Style Unboxing
- What changed on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?
- 7 Things You Need To Know About Apple’s Big Event
- Apple Watch officially announced!
- Apple Pay aims to replace the credit card with NFC
- Apple officially announces iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6 officially announced!
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Morph launched with Windows 8.1
- Cherry Mobile Alpha Play now official, costs Php7,999
- Cherry Mobile launches Alpha Style, priced at Php2,999
- Cherry Mobile introduces Alpha Luxe Windows Phone smartphone
- Sony rolls out Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 now on Sun Gadget Plan 1299
- Full specs of iPhone 6 leaks with shatterproof screen and water-resistant body
- Motorola to soon offer its own earbuds and power banks
- Meizu MX4 Pro to launch with 2K display and 4GB RAM?
- Talk N’ Text now offers Php6 per hour mobile internet
- 12 Tips to Boost your WiFi Signal at Home
- Cherry Mobile Pulse Review
- Early live leaks of BlackBerry Classic
- Apple iPhone 6 – Here’s what to expect
- ASUS VivoTab 8: 8-inch Windows 8.1 tablet with 64-bit CPU
- CM Omega Icon running on Windows Phone OS?
- Animal Kingdom
- Apples and iPods
- Daily Blogs
- Daily Dose
- Food & Resto
- Gaming Laptop
- Graphics Card
- PC Gaming
- Personal Computing
- Pinoy Bloggers
- Site Updates
- Tech Toys & Gadgets
- The Internet
- Trips & Travels
- TV and Display
- Web 2.0
September 09, 2014
September 09, 2014
Talk N Text is now offering the most affordable mobile internet subscription by offering Php1 per 10 minutes mobile subscription. This effectively puts the hourly rate at just Php6.00.
September 07, 2014
Smart Communications and Wikimedia foundation have recently inked a deal which will allow the two parties to give Smart, Talk ‘N Text and Sun Cellular subscribers free and unlimited access to Wikipedia through the initiative called Wikipedia Zero.
September 03, 2014
Just three weeks after Smart announced the arrival of LTE-Advanced in the country, Globe Telecoms expressed its plan to launch two new LTE technologies in the country, namely LTE-CA (Carrier Aggregation) and LTE eMBMS (enhanced Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service) aka LTE Broadcast, that will further enhance the mobile internet experience of their subscribers.
August 31, 2014
We just discovered an LTE service to be offered by Sun Cellular along with a postpaid plan and LTE devices. Starting with LTE Plan 999, the service comes with either an LTE stick or LTE pocket WiFi.
August 27, 2014
In effort to further intensify its campaign against spam/scam text messages, Globe is currently testing out a new automated SMS filtering mechanism that blocks unwanted messages from reaching its subscribers.
August 24, 2014
Globe Telecoms has recently added the Huawei Ascend P7 to its listing and it comes at no charge when you subscribe to Plan 1299 which comes with a 2-year contract.
August 22, 2014
Smart Communications recently announced its new LTE-A ‘5G’ service which got a lot of people talking. Instead of it being good news, many took it in a negative way saying that it’s all just a marketing hype. But what exactly is 5G? Is it really here?
August 18, 2014
Globe is a running a 5-day sale of the Xiaomi Mi3 from August 15 to August 20 under the postpaid Plan 999.
August 15, 2014
Globe Telecoms and Smart Communications have issued a warning to the public about a new scam that involves receiving SMS and voice calls from an anonymous person asking for ransom and claiming that one of the subscriber’s loved ones were kidnapped.
August 14, 2014
August 11, 2014
As part of its continuous expansion, Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) has recently announced that the company’s capital expenditures have amounted to P8.1 billion in the first half of 2014, or 69-percent more than what MVP-led telco spent in the same period last year.
August 11, 2014
Las Pinas Rep. Mark A. Villar recently filed the House Bill No. 4782 or the Prepaid Load Protection Act of 2014 which aims to prohibit expiration dates on prepaid loads.
August 10, 2014
Nearly two years and a half after Globe introduced the *143#, it’s Smart’s turn to introduce a go-to-number code (*121#) that will simplify the process of enrolling various prepaid promos, as well as easy access to different account-related information and services.
August 10, 2014
About 2 or 3 years ago, LTE connectivity became a reality in the country. Very few countries in Asia had it and the Philippines was among the few who got in first. It was heaven-sent especially to the ones how had LTE-capable smartphones.
August 08, 2014
Smart Communication Inc., has recently announced that it will be adding the Xiaomi Mi 3 to their portfolio and is now accepting pre-orders for it.
August 05, 2014
Sony’s Walkman-centric entry level smartphone, the Xperia E1 is now being offered for free by Sun Cellular under Plan 600.
August 02, 2014
Smart Infinity has recently added the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 in to their roster and comes free of charge when users subscribe to Prestige Plan 3500.
July 19, 2014
July 10, 2014
Yesterday marks the official launch of Deezer in the country. But amidst the celebratory toasts and a promise of better things to come, we can’t help but wonder if this is the beginning of the end for SPINNR, a music streaming service which the MVP-led telco launched just last year?
July 09, 2014
Today, Smart Communications Inc. has formally announced their exclusive partnership with Deezer; a web-based music streaming service which originated from Paris, France.
July 03, 2014
In keeping with the steady rise of demand for high-speed broadband internet in the country, the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) has released a statement that the telco is planning to invest $2M to upgrade the Asia-America Gateway (AAG) cable system 100 Gigabit standards, increasing the bandwidth capacity by 200% in the process.
July 02, 2014
Yesterday, Globe Telecom boasted the fruition of their recent efforts (not to mention investments) in expanding their network’s reach in the country. In the press conference, Globe President Ernest Cu stated that the Ayala-led telco now has 100% coverage for 3G and is looking to do the same feat for 4G/LTE in the next 90 days.
June 30, 2014
During the first quarter of 2013, Akamai reports that average Philippine Internet Speed was at 1.4Mbps. One year later (Q1 2014), the average internet speed jumped to 2.1Mbps or about 49% increase year-on-year.
The NTC or National Telecommunications Commission has ordered health insurance Caritas Health Shield Inc. and training provider Center for Global Best Practices to stop bombarding Globe Telecom users with spam messages. This is due to the complaints filed by Globe itself regarding unsolicited text messages sent to its subscribers urging them to avail of the companies’ services.