Having troubles with your Android smartphone? Whether setting up your first Google account, transferring old files, or finding your lost phone, Google might just be able to help. The Android Silver project is rumored to offer quality services for Android users any time and any day of the week.
The alleged Android Silver, in a nutshell, is a support system for users in the program who need help with their specially-selected Android devices. By specially-selected, it means that Google picks 5 handsets (changes over time) to be under the Android Silver program. Customers who avail one of these handsets will then have a series of privileges.
Here are Android Silver’s purported services for those under the program:
- “Never Lost’’ service which locates, locks, renames your phone, suspends wireless service, backups data, navigates to phone’s location, and displays phone’s current battery life
- “Temporary Loaner Phone” that lends customers a temporary phone until original phone is replaced or found
- “Hangout Assistant” offers live hangouts with Google specialists that help customers solve problems related to the device. This is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Help Android Silver customers set up their devices with a Google account
- Assist in migrating customers’ data from old phone to the new one
- Acquaint customers with Google Play purchases
As reported, the so-called campaign is aimed directly at carriers. The idea is to set up a separate kiosk inside carrier stores displaying the current devices under Android Silver. The booth is manned with trained and certified staff to sell Android Silver devices and help customers with the above-mentioned services like transfer old files to the new phone (they guarantee this service to be done in less than 5 minutes).
If ever Android Silver pushes through, it would positively reinforce their support services for new Android users and even long-time loyals. With a 24×7-access to live Google hangouts, you’re easily connected to an official Google representative who’s willing to listen to all your questions.
As of now Android Silver is still a rumor, but watch this space as we’ll keep tabs and wait for its development.