We hope that by now most of you are aware of a serious vulnerability of Java (announced late last week) and how you should disable it on your browser. If not, do follow these steps to make sure your PC/Mac will not be affected.
Sophos detected this vulnerability as Mal/JavaJar-B. This malware targets everyone, even if you have the latest update of Java.
Hence, if you are not actually using it, it is better to just have it removed or disabled.
- How to disable Java in Internet Explorer
- How to disable Java in Firefox
- How to disable Java in Chrome
- How to disable Java in Safari
- How to disable Java in Opera
Security experts says this isn’t something you can just ignore. You’ll have to take action as soon as you can.
Oracle has reported that they have updated Java but experts insist there are still bugs in it.