Microsoft has uploaded a video on YouTube showing the highlights of what to expect in Windows 8.1 which is coming later this year as a free update for Windows 8 customers.
Learning from customer feedback and on how they’re using Windows 8, Microsoft added a slew of new features and enhancements on the upcoming Windows 8.1 update. Below are some of the features to expect:
- The lockscreen is now a cloud-powered photo frame which shows images sourced from your PC, Skydrive or Windows Phone.
- New tile sizes. Tile sizes can be larger or smaller for a more efficient start screen.
- Improved All Apps screen. From the start screen, swipe up to reveal the list of all apps installed on the PC.
- New personalization options. You can now choose from a wider range of colors for your Windows theme.
- Motion Accents – an animated start screen wallpaper that moves as you swipe (similar to the Sony Xperia animated wallpapers).
- Start button is back on desktop mode.
- New Windows search feature for a more curated app-like experience that brings everything that is on the PC and on the web into one place.
- Better Skydrive integration.
- Better multi-tasking experience. You can display up to four apps on the screen at once.
For a better understanding of the features mentioned above, watch the video below:
For those who want to give Windows 8.1 a spin, Microsoft will be releasing a Preview version of the OS on June 26.