January 21, 2013

Cherry Mobile Cruize, 5.2-inch goodness for Php4,499

Everyone is jumping in the 5-inch phone bandwagon and Cherry Mobile won’t let itself be outpaced by the others with their new device, the Cherry Mobile Cruize.

CM Cruize

The main highlight of the phone is the 5.2-inch WVGA display powered by a juicy 2,500mAh battery.  It features dual SIM standby, a 1GHz CPU, a 5 megapixel camera and all the other good stuff.

Cherry Mobile Cruize specs:
5.2″ WVGA  display @ 480 x 800 (179 ppi)
1GHz single-core processor
Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4)
512MB RAM
4GB internal storage
up to 32GB via microSD card
3G/HSDPA
Dual SIM, dual-standby
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1
GPS with A-GPS Support
5MP autofocus camera with LED flash (720p HD video)
VGA front-facing camera
Li-Ion 2,500mAh battery
ANdorid 4.0 ICS

We’re pretty excited to see how well this performs especially with the large battery, the big screen and the low processing power, not to mention the affordable price tag at Php4,499.

34 Responses to “Cherry Mobile Cruize, 5.2-inch goodness for Php4,499”

1. very bad 179 ppi. This screen is not sharp and crisp unlike others.

2. paolo
    Twitter: OdeiraOloap

Single core chip.
    179 ppi density capacitive touch display

I don’t care if this costs *only* 4,499PHP, but the Titan is a much(!) better buy than this one (If you can find one.)

3. rhk111 says:

If they double the price but put in a Dual-Core Processor and at least a 230 ppi screen, then I would still want to buy it …

4. r41 says:

And I thought they wouldn’t be able to top the Flare…

Anyway, I have to say, all these comments on PPI are just plain stupid… What’re you going to do with the resolution? Admire the icons the whole frickin day? I can’t believe people can actually complain when this ONLY costs 4.5k! Placing a higher resolution screen would only make the little SoC on this thing work harder, pointless practice, and wrong audience.

5. jeykoy says:

it would be a better phone with a dual core CPU and an 8MP cam :((

i am really curious how the display would look like with a 400X800 pixel and 179ppi in a 5.0″ screen. i guess it would be pixelated like Lg L3.

• kaiser says:

may ipad2 has lower ppi than this pero ang linaw linaw naman magbasa sa ipad2, i rarely maxout the brightness ok pa din readability.. wag magpadala sa ppi race na sineset ng mga manufacturers

6. coachjojoc says:

Epic fail!

7. Yahweh says:

iPad Mini = 162 ppi
    iPad 2 = 132 ppi
    iPhone 3GS = 165 ppi
    Nokia 808 Pureview = 184
    Samsung Galaxy Grand = 187 ppi

Why complain about the ppi when this costs just a little over 4k?

8. Smokescreen says:

I don’t mind the screen resolution. I would have wanted a dual core though.

9. miongb
    Twitter: miongb

titan is a better deal than this.

10. Mr. Curious says:

I can’t imagine how big this phone/ phablet/ tabphone is. Imagine, the 5.2″ size is only the diagonal size of the screen itself only. Look at the sample picture of the phone; you can still see a chunk of space at the top and bottom of the phone. Hahahaha I’m not criticizing it I’m just amazed by it’s size hahaha

11. chacha says:

this is for people who reads ebooks, FB and movies on their phone, not gamers who wanted a higher ppi, P4500 is just right on the budget.

12. Tolits says:

bibili ako nyan tatlo isa saken, isa for me at isa for mine haha

13. Jauzaz says:

Poor man’s Galaxy Note.

14. Domz says:

Sakin mas maganda ito na phone kasi pag nag dual core ka kailangan HD games talaga gamit mo. sayang naman kung mga maliliit lang na games ang gamitin mo gaya ng temple run etc.. Ito ok na ok na pang maliit na games hindi pa madaling maubos ang battery mo kc single core lang. Meron na akong Flare. Kung ako mas gugustohin ko itong Cruize kc big screen na mura pa.

15. jjeli says:

only for the budget conscious market… not for the tech savvy

16. roy says:

179 ppi is just fine. current samung tablets (tab 2) are in their 170-180 ppi ranges.. & they’re 7 in. but i can agree with the proc being just a single core.. for a 5 in screen, (kumbaga paminsan minsan tutukod yan sa mga graphically intensive apps nowadays.)

17. NewGuy says:

sabi nga nila ndi mo pde mkuha ang lahat sa isang baksakan :) wag maghanap kng wala.,

18. BonBon says:

Okay na cia sa 4.5k, Pero di ko parin papalitan W900 ko.
    Mas okay parin sa performance maliban
    nlng sa Android version.

19. BunBun says:

Available paba ang Titan?
    at saan makakabili?

20. clar says:

Hi! I wonder if cruize is already available at CM kiosks? I’ve experienced and failed in finding CM flare and kinda hoping to find this instead. Thanks!

21. Says says:

They say na other apps (games) won’t function well sa 1ghz single-core niya. I’m not a techy so I still don’t know what I’m talking about. Can someone please explain this to me? thanks!

22. dorae says:

kung d nyo gusto bilhin to …huwag masyado dal2x…rama lang naman ang presyo nito…gusto nyo mag iphone kayo kung afford nyo

23. imbaskie says:

phones=call and text maybe watch some movies too.
    consoles=games.

kung gusto mo mag laro sa tablet eh mag project fiona ka, wag sa phone, nu ba yan,dami nyo kasi alam eh.

24. I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout
    on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this
    one today.