With the announcement of the new HTC One, the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Sony Xperia Z2 will be facing more competition, but does HTC’s champion have what it takes to play this year’s game? Check out our spec comparison of these Android behemoths for a better view on the flagship war.
As you can see below, all phones share the same screen resolution, CPU and GPU; the rest, they all go on their separate ways.
Strengths & weaknesses are quantitative.
Here are some details you should take note of:
The HTC One
- no longer has optical image stabilization unlike last year’s model.
- has a high resolution 5 megapixel front-facing camera.
- is the only one with two cameras on the back.
- is the thickest phone.
- has the smallest battery capacity.
- is the only device not resistant to water.
The Samsung Galaxy S5
- has the highest CPU clock speed despite the similar CPUs.
- is the lightest phone of the bunch, being plastic.
- is the thinnest phone of the three.
- is the only phone with a fingerprint sensor and a heart rate monitor.
The Sony Xperia Z2
- has the largest screen, but only by a small mark.
- has the largest battery.
- has 3GB RAM.
- has the camera with the highest resolution at 20.7MP.
With all of these details, which flagship phone are you getting? If you’re not set for any of the devices just yet, no need to worry as there are many more choices coming out soon – LG’s, Apple’s, Google’s and even Oppo’s already announced Find 7. Feel free to share with us your insights down below.