Nokia 808 PureView launching this month?

Nokia officially announced that they will be releasing the much anticipated Nokia PureView 808 this month. Contrary to rumors that the release of the first batch of 41MP smartphone will be delayed and expected to hit the shelves either June or July, the Finnish company said that they will be launching the award-winning handset this month in India and Russia.

Nokia users in our country may not have to wait that much longer, as the arrival of the PureView 808 can be expected to land on our shores before the end June. For the uninformed, you can read more about the Nokia PureView 808 here.

38 Comments on this Post

1. How much po kaya ito? :)

2. kaabang-abang :) Parang unveiling ng Samsung Galaxy S3

3. Roegan Taron

What a piece of junk. Who needs a 41mp PHONE?

• Canon S100

I would. No need to be bitter about it, you know.

• Look at the absurdity on how the people will buy this phone on a burning platform with much inferior technical specifications vested just for the [41 mp] camera.

• Who cares..
      We buy what we want not what you want us to want.

• wilde

To each his own.

• Fleeb

In businesses, it is not about not selling something because some people think it is a fad. It is selling something people want. If there are none, you make them want it. You do that through marketing. Case in point: http://www.petsdo.com/blog/pet-rock-made-man-multi-millionaire-6-months-lives

• inggit much?

Who needs a quad core phone anyway? Not even all desktops have!

4. steelicon

May 8, 2012 in Egypt, India and Russia (unconfirmed sources).

5. nesty

Dead on arrival itong phone na ito.

• +1 this made me literally LOL. /s

• Paolo

Tapos ipapacremate mo naman yung iba mong phone at camera pag “nakagamit” ka na ng Nokia 808 PureView. :P

In fairness naman maganda naman kasi talaga ang iOS at Android pero wala na pagiging smart ng smartphones na yun pag offline na.. hahaha… Camera wise? Talunin muna nila yung image quality ng N95 tapos ng N8 bago sila magedit sa instagram. :P

6. I will love to buy this phone If I have the budget now, but sooner, I will.

7. dianne

Anong binatbat nito sa Android? Kung 10k lang baka pa pwede patulan pang trip lang.

• steelicon

Tried your voice dial, voice command, search and Maps / GPS with your Android device OFFLINE? ;-)

A good camera, excellent I/O in ONE device, to sample:

1.) NFC;
      2.) HDMI;
      3.) 3.5″ output jack with AV out;
      4.) DLNA through WIFI a/b/g/n;
      5.) At least one (1) noise cancelling microphone;
      6.) Beyond run-of-the-mill speakers, after all Nokia has Dolby HD;
      7.) Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP;
      8.) FM transmitter & receiver;
      9.) Excellent AMOLED 4″ screen;
      10.) micro USB 2.0 chargeable port that supports USB On-The-Go (plug in any USB device, and the device will read/write/recognize it, e.g., USB flash drives).
      11.) Xenon flash that is around 2x brighter than the ones in Nokia N8;
      12.) LED video light for capturing video in low light or in total darkness.
      13.) Offline GPS;
      14.) WiFi Direct;
      15.) Customize-able Wallpaper;
      16.) Offline Voice Command and Recognition;

and finally…

17.) A “SMARTPHONE” that doesn’t go duhhh when it is offline.

Did we mention 41MP sensor with loss-less 3x digital zoom and the best 5MP pictures you’d ever get?

And yes, I do use all of these features, and more.

To each his own.

Take a look at Nokia 701 with Symbian Belle FP1 with Web Browser 8.2 then tell me your impressions whether there are improvements or none.

It’s time you test drive the Nokia 701 with Symbian Belle FP1.

=> http://youtu.be/TSeLR64DqRU

• steelicon

If you have doubts visit the nearest mall with the Nokia Concept store and give it a test run.

It’s time you test drive the Nokia 701 with Symbian Belle FP1.

=> youtu.be/TSeLR64DqRU

• I, myself also like Android, but a lot of people don’t (e.g iPhone users, Windows phone users). T each his own nga eh. You’ll never know until it comes out.

8. steelicon

A good camera, excellent I/O in ONE device, to sample:

1.) NFC;
    2.) HDMI;
    3.) 3.5″ output jack with AV out;
    4.) DLNA through WIFI a/b/g/n;
    5.) At least one (1) noise cancelling microphone;
    6.) Beyond run-of-the-mill speakers, after all Nokia has Dolby HD;
    7.) Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP;
    8.) FM transmitter & receiver;
    9.) Excellent AMOLED 4″ screen;
    11.) Xenon flash that is around 2x brighter than the ones in Nokia N8;
    12.) LED video light for capturing video in low light or in total darkness.
    13.) Offline GPS;
    14.) WiFi Direct;
    15.) Customize-able Wallpaper;
    16.) Offline Voice Command and Recognition;

and finally…

17.) A “SMARTPHONE” that doesn’t go duhhh when it is offline.

And yes, I do use all of these features, and more.

To each his own.

9. patatas

Seriously, wag ipahalatang may kunting inggit ang mga Android at iOS users dyan. :)

10. nokia is still the best…=)…they have the experience…how long is the android been around as compared to symbian or windows?

11. I’ll buy this kahit matagal pa akong makaipon basta I will buy this!!!!!

12. finally a good reason to let go of my Android and go back to Symbian! no offense to android users but it’s silly that you can’t search on android phone or use voice-guided GPS when offline. and yeah, this phone looks sexy!

13. Chipset

If I have an excess budget intended for a phone I won’t think further to get my hands on this. You won’t find any other symbian, android, or iOS with this capability. This is like a portable DSLR. If you want to take photos with splendid resolution but handy, try to consider this phone.

14. johan

wow! it’s like buying a smartphone and a digital camera all in one device. if i can afford it, i’ll buy one since i’ve been thinking of buying a new smartphone and at the same time looking for a digital camera. sweet!

15. jonas

is this the last camera phone that symbian will create? there are rumors that nokia windows will have 41 mp cameras, too

16. jervic

i want this phone so bad.hehe sana magkapera nako =D

17. girlaloo

Gurl-frend: Hay gurl, why are you still using that Jurassic Nokia phone of yours?
    Girlaloo: I find it easy to use and I like the design eh and it takes splendid photos (N8)
    Gurl-frend: Oh well…mag-move forward ka na and try my new Android phone! It has blah-blah-blah…
    Girlaloo: Really? Can I try? Pa’no ba i-unlock to? black screen eh.
    Gurl-frend: wait, gan’to lang pag unlock nyan, parang iPhone, teka…
    Girlaloo: Wala atang power…I think wala nang charge
    Gurl-frend: MERON! kaka-charge ko lang kaninang umaga
    Girlaloo: Ayun! me Mini-Stop oh, let’s go to their paid charging station
    Gurl-frend: Ehehehe…I think we should…
    Girlaloo: (Eyes-rolling)you want my coins?

18. Greg Ong

Having been loyal Ericsson and Sony Ericsson user for such a long time, I think Nokia had made an elegant and stylish phone with the 808 Pureview. I’d love to get one if I can afford it. Apps are for kids, anyway. This phone is targeted to a much more mature and moneyed market.

19. zigbien

si yuga talaga oh. basta nokia phone kung magsulat nag reviews parang tanga lang, kung apple product parang isang script ng movie ang haba kung magsulat.

20. mga android at iOs users jan makapagcomment lang eh.. ‘di naman kami sa inyo humihingi ng pambili. LOL.. wag ka BITTER ^_^ 41MP yummm!!

21. @jonas-tinawag na kasing last symbian kasi tatangalin na nila ang name na symbian, ang next nila is carla and donna os. Meron pa silang upcoming project ti is called nokia hercule running from donna os. Nag coconcentrate lang ang nokia ngayon sa windows but they will not stop producing non windows smartphon.

The best pa din ang nokia once na ma root mo ma appreciate mo talaga and ang pros nya is the battery back up. I have my e6 almost a yr kahit heavy use it will last a day unlike my lg optimus 2x di mo ma eenjoy ang features coz of bad battery back up kahit naka low settings na

22. blacksparrow

Only professionals and people that have minds would appreciate this. for those who don’t know, this phone can be a replacement to your desktops and laptops. Try to connect usb/Bluetooth mouse on this, try to connect to your flatscreen (if you have one) using hdmi cable, then transmit the sounds to your component system trough its fm transmitter. hmmm? Peace out XD

23. Edwin

ingit lang kayo kasi you can’t afford…
    Right?

24. TERMINATOR

Roegan Taron, your mind is a peace of junk… ingit ka lang kasi wala kang pera pambili… poor ka kasi… this phone is intended for the intelligent, rich and famous

• jack lugans

huwag naman ganya brod, gusto ko ang phone na ito pero hindi ako famous, intelligent lang, jejejeje.