While most smartphones compete about having the fastest processors, biggest RAM, greatest displays, or the most updated software, there’s one very important aspect of a mobile device that seems to be taken for granted – the battery. What’s the use of having the best features in a smartphone if it doesn’t have the capability to even last a whole day? For that, we compiled a list of smartphones with huge batteries.
The smartphones listed below are those with battery capacities of at least 3,000 mAh. Let the countdown begin!
7. Huawei Ascend D2 – the Ascend D2 is a 5-inch smartphone that sports a Huawei K3V2 quad-core 1.5Ghz processor, 2GB of RAM, 13MP shooter, and full HD IPS display. To keep up with the heavy specs, Huawei equipped the D2 with a 3,000 mAh Li-Ion battery which is far from bad but still falls at the bottom of this list.
6. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 – This dude is huge. It has a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display, Exynos 4412 quad-core 1.6GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, and an 8 megapixel camera. The Note 2 takes the next spot with its 3,100 mAh Li-Ion battery.
5. LG Optimus G Pro – LG’s latest flagship sports a 5.5-inch full HD IPS display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core 1.7GHz, 2GB of RAM, and a 13MP camera. Powering the G Pro is a 3,140 mAh Li-Po battery.
4. Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD – The RAZR Maxx HD was announced September of last year together with other RAZRs to complete its 2012 lineup. It has a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, a dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, and an 8MP shooter. It isn’t as powerful as the smartphones mentioned above but it is capable of providing 3,300 mAh worth of juice from its non-removable Li-Ion battery. Note: It’s predecessor, the RAZR Maxx is also equipped with the same battery.
3. Lenovo IdeaPhone P770 – Lenovo’s offering takes the third spot with the P770, sporting a 4.5-inch IPS display, dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM and a 5MP camera. The P770 also has an affordable price tag but the most impressive part here is the 3,500 mAh Li-Ion battery.
2. Huawei Ascend Mate – Huawei makes a come back on this list with the Ascend Mate. It’s a 6.1-inch phablet with an HD IPS display, Huawei K3V2 quad-core 1.5 GHz processor, 2GB of RAM and an 8MP camera. To help drive that large screen is a massive 4,050 mAh Li-Ion battery.
1. CloudFone Thrill 430x – The Thrill 430x sports a 4.3-inch qHD IPS display, a 1.2GHz Qualcomm S4 Play dual-core processor, 768MB of RAM, and an 8MP shooter. Like the Lenovo P770, the 430x also has an affordable price tag due to its modest specs but take a peek under the hood and you’ll find a not-so-modest juice tank. The 4,160 mAh Li-Po battery catapults the 430x to the number one spot. On a personal note, I believe this phone should have power bank capabilities so it can charge phones with shitty battery life.
And that rounds it up. If you’re on a lookout for a smartphone that can take on heavy usage and last throughout the day, then I suggest the phones listed above.