March 04, 2013

Cherry Mobile Flare free on Sun Plan 350

Sun Cellular has just announced on its Facebook page that it is now offering the Cherry Mobile Flare for free on Sun Plan 350.

The Cherry Mobile Flare is CM’s budget-friendly, dual-core-powered Android smartphone that costs Php3,999. At the same time, Sun Cellular is offering it for free through their Sun Plan 350 which consists of unlimited Sun calls and texts and 250 texts to other networks.

CMFlare_sun

5-megapixel rear camera with flash
VGA front-facing camera
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Li-Ion 1420mAh battery

{source}

Huawei Ascend Mate & Review

18 Responses to “Cherry Mobile Flare free on Sun Plan 350”

1. June Justine
    Twitter: iAMZuperJei

Correction: it’s 1500mAh battery capacity. To be exact, it’s 1420.

2. David says:

Kaya pala laging nauubusan ang Flare. :D

3. Reader says:

It’s a good deal IMO. Perfect for those who want an entry-level Android smartphone. Dual-sim capable pa. Pero would that mean that both sim slots are Sun-locked?

• mr smartph says:

The first slot is sim lock to sun cellular only. You can use the 2nd sim slot to all network.

• turon
      Twitter: ronalddays

Usually yung sim 1 is sun locked, then openline yung sim 2.

• Norman says:

I have a Sun issued flare and both sims are unlocked…..I am using Globe sim for both Sim slot…..

4. Smokescreen says:

Talk about extreme irony….. unlimited calls and Flare do not go together.

• Anonimi says:

Extreme irony because of its battery?
      If that’s the case then every plan with unlimited services, for you, must be too ironic! Especially their plan with unlimited call & text and unlimited internet.
      If you are playing games with your phone while talking on the line then for sure it will eat up your battery because the screen is on.
      Please be mindful that the screen is the most battery hog in every smartphone.
      Calling drains less battery than playing with games. And unlimited call features is not ironic as you say because with the proximity sensor, it turns your screen off during call unless you use a headset or a loudspeaker.

• Smokescreen says:

Anonimi – Do you own and have used a Flare? I’m guessing not since you’re reply is very theoretical. Yes it is very ironic since my plan does have unlimited calls which I always make use off. And no matter what, I end up charging my Flare at least twice a day. So yes it is extremely ironic.

5. Jwjsjwkskskwk says:

False Advertisement by Cherry Mobile! The Flare’s screen is NOT IPS! Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJ3UWhvUY

6. kusina101
    Twitter: corbylove

i both have flare and alcatel glory 2. and i can say that the later is a much better choice. don’t let the bigger screen and dual core proc fool you. battery of flare is mediocre and you’ll end up frustrated at the end. sound in earphone is horrible. but to be fair, watching videos with this phone is a pleasure.

• lawrence says:

Maybe Alcatel Glory 2 performs much better because of the lower screen resolution and the OS (Jelly Bean). I have the Flare. it definitely needs tweaking which I did, and bought a 2100mAh battery. Now I really enjoy the Flare. best Phone I bought for it’s price range. I’m still waiting for a Jelly Bean ROM, for I’m pretty sure it will improve it’s performance more.

• Jevie says:

Lawrence what kind of battery you bought in replacement for the batt of flare?

7. jove says:

in plan how many month to pay/…and how much per month

8. rawr says:

very buggy phone

9. pano mka avail ng plan sa sun?

10. Ynal says:

Meron pa kaya nito??

11. richard says:

how many month to pay/how many per month and needed pa ba ng credit card?