The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has published an advisory that they are offering free replacement of substandard e-Passports with detached covers.
“The Department of Foreign Affairs, in line with its vision of providing a highly responsive system that effectively delivers its services to the public, urges holders of e-Passports with serial numbers EB0000001 to EB1267350 with detached covers to approach the Office of Consular Affairs (DFA-Aseana) in Macapagal Avenue, Parañaque City, the nearest Satellite Office (if residing in Metro Manila), or the nearest Regional Consular Office (if residing outside of Metro Manila) and to present their passports for inspection and examination in order to obtain the appropriate assistance,”
Replacement with pay if the following conditions are met:
• If the majority of the pages have been used and the e-Passport’s condition is the result of wear and tear; and
• If the holder of the detached e-Passport refuses to surrender said passport to the Department
Replacement free-of-charge (gratis) if the following conditions are met:
• If the applicant fills up the required replacement forms;
• If upon investigation and examination the e-Passport is deemed substandard; and
• If the holder surrenders the detached e-Passport to the Department.