November 10, 2012

MasterCard Credit Card has LCD & Touch keypads

MasterCard has recently unveiled in Singapore its next generation of payment cards that features an embedded LCD display and touch-sensitive buttons.

The MasterCard Display Card looks and almost functions like a regular credit, debit, or ATM card but with an LCD display and touch-sensitive buttons. This allows the cardholder to generate a One-Time Password (OTP) as an authentication security measure without having to use a separate authentication token or device.

“The innovative 2-in-1 device, which combines the functionality of a standard payment card with a state-of-the-art security token, currently reflects the customer’s OTP. In future, this card could incorporate additional functionalities and be able to indicate other real time information such as available credit balance, loyalty or reward points, recent transactions, and other interactive information.”

The MasterCard Display Card is currently being issued in Singapore in collaboration with Standard Chartered Bank Singapore and will be rolled out globally starting January of next year.

{source}

16 Responses to “MasterCard Credit Card has LCD & Touch keypads”

1. franz says:

wow ayus!

2. IANVARIVS
    Twitter: IANVARIVS

Holy Mama!

3. IANVARIVS
    Twitter: IANVARIVS

Innovation is ridiculously high on this one :O

4. ben says:

This is nice especially if it will come with am aluminum wallet to protect the card. Regular leather wallet just cant do the job properly for me even for ordinary cards

5. hehe says:

Kelan pa kaya makakarating sa pinas to. Yung EMV hindi pa ineembrance ng maraming banks

6. Ramon says:

I’m curious on the power source for this card… I’m assuming that this is the same size as a normal credit card, so is there already a battery that thin?

Gonna be weird if it’s rechargeable… imagine plugging your credit card to an outlet lol

But anyway, it’s very cool that there’s already these kinds of technologies :)

7. Arnold says:

On-going project namin to in SCB. Bale yung Token Card meron syang battery na good for 5 years :)

8. agentorenz
    Twitter: agentorenz

wahhh! ang mahal ng card replacement fee niyan :D

9. Dhan
    Twitter: dhantoinkzz

rumor has it that it’ll be solar-powered like the ones on cheap calculators, simple and efficient

10. Ace says:

EMV is one of my projects for this year.

11. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this
    matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very broad for me.
    I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

12. Good answer back in return of this query with solid arguments and explaining all about that.

13. Lydia says:

Steady blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download
    it from WordPress.org? A theme like yours with a few simple adjustments would really make my blog
    shine. Please let me know where you got your design.
    Cheers

14. Dillon says:

Hello colleagues, its great paragraph about teachingand completely explained, keep it up all the time.

15. Now I am going away to do my breakfast, when having
    my breakfast coming over again to read additional news.

16. Annett says:

Hi, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse
    every one is sharing facts, that’s in fact excellent, keep up writing.