Here are “12 Important U.S. Laws Every Blogger Needs to Know” you might be interested to read on and though it specific to the United States, some of them might actually apply to us here in the Philippines too, especially when your blog is hosted in one of the federal states there.
Topics covered are:
- Whether to Disclose Paid Posts
- Is Deep Linking Legal
- The Legal Use of Images and Thumbnails
- Laws that Protect You From Stolen Content
- Domain Name Trademark Issues
- Handling Private Data About Your Readers
- Who Owns User-Developed Content and Can You Delete It
- The Duty to Monitor Your Blog Comments, and Liability
- Basic Tax Law Issues in Blogging
- Limited Liability Laws and Incorporating
- Spam Laws and Which Unsolicited Emails are Legal
- Are Bloggers Protected from Journalism Shield Laws
An interesting read indeed. Hat tip to Zimm.