July 06, 2008

Samsung 2232GW LCD Monitor

LCD monitors from Samsung are getting better and better. I thought the dual 19″ 940BW at home is already a great set up until I got hold of the new 22″ Samsung 2232GW LCD monitor.

I think that made this one specifically for gamers. At a contrast ratio of 3,000:1, it’s way better than the older 940BW LCD which is just at 500:1.

samsung 2232gw

Best of all, response time is a fast 2ms (regular ones are between 5ms to 12 ms) and power consumption is only 50watts.

samsung synchmaster 2232gw

Screen resolution is maxed at 1680×1050 pixels. They even designed it after their popular HDTV line (pictured below with a 32″ HDTV screen).

samsung philippines

This model is selling for just Php14,999.

Samsung Series 7 LED TV Unboxed
Galaxy S5 tested in water and sand, no WFT present
Samsung Z: the flagship Tizen smartphone

17 Responses to “Samsung 2232GW LCD Monitor”

1. Jan Alvin says:

Thats a BIG wow! Its great for blogging, watching and playing. I wish I could have one.

2. Eugene says:

Sweet! Might make for a great Christmas self-present. :-)

3. vance says:

I’ve been wanting to buy one… but I don’t have the budget..

@abe why didn’t you buy during the sale last June they sold the old samsung 22″ for 13k! in tektite ortigas..

4. Anton Sheker
    Twitter: antonsheker

Grrr.. i bought one a few months back for P17,900.. good price for 14,999 :P

i also got a tv tuner to go with it.. but havent set the controls yet.. the tv seems to bright!..

but great companion for a macmini.. perfect if you can calibrate your monitor screen.. awesome colors..

5. abe, anong ginagawa mo sa luma mong lcd monitors? pinapa-raffle mo ba? hehehe.

Faulty laptops with Nvidia graphics chip

6. Obed says:

that was so wicked!!!
    i want to have one…but no budget..hehehe

7. koolitz says:

sa diin na nga presyo ang 14,999? :-)

8. yuga says:

@vance, was out of town during the sale. I actually have a “press discount” from Samsung but I didn’t use it.

@Anton, cool sya. Wanted to hook it up to a Mac mini too.

@pinoy web surfer, I have 3 PCs at home.

@koolitz, Park Square 1 and MegaMall Cyberzone

9. vance says:

@abe I see. hehe. Hmm, one day will see Abe Buy “A Dell 24″ Ultra Sharp Monitor” Hearng good reviews. even the ordinary version said to be good,

I wish I can afford one.

10. Arthur says:

Wow! The beauty can be seen even on photo. Im sure it is a true eye-candy up close. Will sure to get one of thsse. Bye-bye 740N.

11. vance says:

Heads up, t220 is out, the new 22″ model! I wish samsung could have gone to 1080P instead 1080i for this monitor.

12. drey says:

only 7900 pesos in sm pampanga

13. Papapau says:

weh? diba kaya nito ang 1080p? yung HD version ata ang hindi..

14. jerome says:

I got this 2333SW (Made in Malaysia) here in Saudi just a week old. Got it for 690 Riyals. Changed my Viewsonic 22″. Still hunting for the 2433BW samsung monitor or the 27 incher.

Don’t envy me its dollars versus homesick.

15. LCD monitors are the high tech future that is already here and a picture perfect addition to any PC system. It is crystal clear that this is the way to go.