Blizzard Entertainment has just unveiled at BlizzCon 2013 their fifth expansion to its popular MMORPG World of Warcraft, the Warlords of Draenor.
“Warlords of Draenor gives players a chance to take a commanding role in one of the Warcraft series’ most crucial conflicts,” said Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime. “This expansion also includes features that make it easy for anyone to jump right into the action, whether they’ve played WoW at some point in the past or are just setting foot in Azeroth for the first time.”
Below are some of the new features:
- Higher detail, updated animations, and new visuals of classic Warcraft races.
- Level cap raised to 100.
- Option to instantly boost one character, including a newly created character, to level 90. This enables WoW players to quickly and easily participate in the content they’re most interested in.
- Construct your own Garrison, an expandable, customizable stronghold that will serve as each player’s personal base of operations throughout the course of the expansion. As the Garrison grows, players will be able to recruit NPC allies and followers to take up residence, gathering resources and embarking on missions on the player’s orders.
- New Zones, Dungeons, Raids, Scenarios, Battlegrounds, and more.
- Questing improvements designed to encourage exploration and add unpredictability to players’ ongoing adventures.
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor is set to arrive in 2014.