If you don’t own a PlayStation-Certified device but wishes to install PlayStation Mobile on your Android gizmo, here’s a workaround that you can try granted that you know a thing or two about rooting.
For this how to, we used our SGN GT-N7000 and it worked like a charm. It is also said to be work perfectly on Google Nexus 7, but seems to crash on other devices. We haven’t tried installing the APK on other device besides the two mentioned gadgets, so we’re not exactly which devices can run this app. It’ll be helpful if you can comment if you were able to install and run the app successfully on your device.
This installation will not work unless your device is Rooted. So make sure that your device is rooted before you begin with the steps.
1. Download and Install the PlayStation Mobile APK here. Make sure to tick the Unknown sources on Setting > Security before installing the APK.
2. Download the Helper Files a href=”https://www.rapidshare.com/files/420895506/AndroidPolice_SonyPlaystationCertsInstaller.zip” target=”_blank”> here. Then copy the file on your device.
3. Boot to custom recovery (TWR or CWM) and flash the zip file. Then Reboot your device.
4. Launch the app and see if it didn’t crash.
If you’re having problems with step three or you just want to manually install the Helper Files. Try these steps below.
1. After downloading the helper files, extract the com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar (playcert > framework) and copy it to your device root folder.
2. Do the same for com.playstation.playstationcertified.xml (playcert > etc > permission).
3. Using a file explorer (the one I used is Root Browser Lite) copy the com.playstation.playstationcertified.xml on to /system/etc/framework on your device.
4. Then copy com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar on this destination /system/framework and change the permission to r/w-r-r 644.
5. Launch the app and see if it didn’t crash.
Once you launch the app successfully, you’ll be asked to setup a PSN account. After you’ll be able to try and purchase apps from PlayStation Mobile. Unfortunately there isn’t much that the service has to offer, but we expect that the apps will expand as time goes by. Don’t forget to hit us back if you were able to install and run the app.