August 20, 2011

HP drops TouchPad prices down to $100

Just a day after HP announced it will abandon webOS devices, the company has pushed a major sale on all their tablets in the market with the HP TouchPad now selling at just $100 a piece.

Amazon has started implementing the price cuts (and so is Target).

The 32GB model is also now at $150. You can go see the sale page here.

Update: Amazon just reverted back the price to $299 but my cart is still showing $100. That was quick. Not sure why they changed it again just now. It also just went out of stock at Target.com as well.

Update 2: Office Depot is selling the 16GB at $129 and the 32GB at $150.

Update 3: Target, Office Depot, etc. are quickly running out of inventory as people rush to get the sale.

37 Responses to “HP drops TouchPad prices down to $100”

1. Glen says:

If you’re going to use this as email, web browsing then its a good deal. Other than that I’d wait for better Android Tablets.

I still don’t understand HP, why ditch WebOS and license it to others?? Who’d license it when Android is open source?

2. Johnny
    Twitter: tsienra

I just wanna know if we can change the OS to Android or what bilang I’m not too tech savvy. Hahaha. And what apps are available and what support will still be available after the total phase-out of this.

Sayang naman if we have a nice tab that 1) can’t edit docs anymore and 2) has nothing to look forward to. :(

3. jonski22 says:

if i can port an Android or iOS on that tablet, i will buy it. But since i cannot, it’s a worthless machine.

4. Micks says:

For those still interested, B&N is still selling these at discounted prices. Amazon, OfficeDepot, Staplea are out of stock. Got my 16GB one for $102 + around 13 bucks shipping and tax. B&N doesn’t ship electronics internationally, so you’ll have to ask a friend or relative to receive it and send it to you via UPS.

I’m just gonna use this as a browser and ebook reader until the Cyano and XDA folks come up with a Honeycomb port, which I figure won’t take too long.

5. Lance
    Twitter: lancebaydal

san pa po pwedeng bumili nito? available pa kaya to sa US? haaiiist sayang naman..

6. mark angelo
    Twitter: simarkangelo

wala na yung sale? back to $245 na yung 16GB

7. jam says:

hmm this sure is one great news for techies who want more for less. I’ll give this one a peek though as I have already set my eyes on kingcom’s. Anyways this will only be used as a backup for my lappie ;-)

8. I enjoyed the article about android tablets, they move at
    a great pace that it can be difficult to keep
    up, the nexus 7 and 10 have the newest OS, but there are actually so many
    out there that have earlier versions of this operating system,
    I thinks this article post might help a lot of people, as it has assisted me loads.
    Thanks