Lenovo has just announced its first Chromebook aimed at school administrators, students and teachers – the ThinkPad X131e Chromebook.
Thinkpad X131e features an 11.6-inch (1366×768) HD LED display with anti-glare screen, an Intel processor, three USB ports, VGA, HDMI, a low-light webcam, and a battery that can last “the entire school day.”
What’s special about the ThinkPad X131e is that Lenovo made it to be “school-proof”, meaning it has the following features:
* Exceeds industry standard Mil-SPEC testing for proven durability
* Force-absorbing top cover bumper, strong corners and hinges
* Recessed and reinforced ports
* Thicker and stronger bezel to protect the LED panel
* Active Protection System protects the hard drive and prevents data loss
The Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Chromebook will be available in the US starting via special bid volume pricing starting at $429.