At least half a dozen ultraportable laptops are now available for sale in the Philippines. As supply increases demand will likely go down. Asus is no longer the only player in the UMPC niche but it has successfully manage to grab the most exposure — all the rest becomes just another “Asus EeePC-killer”.
I’ve listed down 7 of them in our new poll for the week:
- Astone UMPC – 7-inch screen, Php19+k price.
- Asus Eee PC 701 – 7-inch screen, Php15k price.
- Asus Eee PC 900 – 9-inch screen, Php23k price.
- Neo Explore X1 – 7-inch screen, Php17k price.
- Deep Blue H1 – 7-inch screen, Php17k price.
- HP 2133 Mini-Notebook – 9-inch screen, Php25k price.
- Redfox WizBook – 7-inch screen, Php16k price.
Some of the prices have gone down since we first covered them here. Likewise, Asus is set to launch the Eee PC 1000 this month but it’s not final yet. Send us your vote in the Polls section.