Jan emailed me yesterday and asked me about the state of corporate blogging in the country:
Hi and good day! I’m currently looking for companies in the Philippines who allow their employees to blog about their products, processes, etc… Companies who embrace corporate blogging. Is there a company right now who openly does this? If not, do you know of an employee who’s allowed to blog about his company’s products, processes, etc…? Even a company who do corporate blogging internally would be appreciated.
I’m helping a friend with her thesis and we need someone whom we can interview regarding the subject matter. I’ve been googling for a while now and it seems that not a lot, if any, of companies do corporate blogging in Philippines. And the I saw your post about corporate blogging so I figured that you might be able to point us in the right direction.
Thank you very much for your time. A kind response would be greatly appreciated.
I thought I’d share my response to the rest of my readers here.
- Around January 2005, Kokoro Works launched with co-founder Gabby Dizon evangelizing corporate blogging especially for small businesses. They have a corporate blog here and a related interview here at Inq7.net.
- January 27, 2005, Trends and Technologies (a leading Solutions Provider in the Information and Communications Technology. With extensive experience in Voice and Data Communications, we are capable of delivering the best services to the customers, from design and consultancy, to installation and maintenance.) launches its corporate blog called BlogIT.
- Last month, Sheero Media, a local web development company based in Quezon City, sought my help in looking for corporate bloggers for their clients which I posted here.
- Last month, Outsource2Philippines (O2P) added a section on their corporate website a blog which allows company executives to share information and industry news. Inq7.net covered the story here.
- Domain Registrar dot.PH and provider of blogging server i.PH was actually hunting for a corporate blogger last year. An offer was given to Connie of houseonahill.net but she declined. dot.PH has since scrapped the idea of corporate blogging.
There are a couple of other people I know who are into corporate blogging but I’m not sure if I am at liberty to disclose about them here. However, the companies involve are not really based locally but they have the bloggers working from an office in Makati.