May 30, 2012

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc gets Ice Cream Sandwich

The earlier promise by Sony to roll out Ice Cream Sandwich to Sony-Ericsson Xperia handsets is currently in progress. ICS updates to SE Xperia Arc and Xperia Neo are now slowly being rolled out to devices.

We checked this update on one of our Xperia Arc devices and can confirm the update being detected via Sony PC Companion.

The update is not OTA so you will have to down load PC Companion and install it on your PC to run the update.

Here’s a thorough rundown of the changes made along with the ICS update.

Note though that not all Xperia Arc and Xperia Neo might detect this update but you should keep a close look and try it with PC Companion in the next few days.

Note: You can check this listing of SI numbers for Xperia Arc to see if your device is included already.

15 Responses to “Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc gets Ice Cream Sandwich”

1. simplynice93
    Twitter: simplynice93

I used PC companion on my Xperia Neo and still no ICS update from Sony. Maybe the excitement got the better of me. Will wait to a few more hours…

2. jong
    Twitter: cyberjong

kailan ang update ng Xperia Play for ICS,. !!???
    meron ba!!??

3. jong
    Twitter: cyberjong

@itachi1: sayang nmn,.

4. Jay Castillo
    Twitter: jay_castillo

Still waiting for the ICS update for my Xperia Pro… sigh…

5. iOS says:

mabuti pa ang apple sabay sabay na update. ang android per barangay ang updatan sus!!!

• benchmark says:

Ganun po talaga kasi every mobile phone brand has different model, unlike po Apple, they only focus on Ipad, I touch and I phone.

As for Android, alot of brands has these, Sony, Samsung, Motorola, LG, then per brand have different models phones to maintain.

As for the updates, I’m happy with my GB in my Motorola Droid Razr. Kung may ICS update, then good, if wala, fine with me. What is important, it can do what it needs to do, call, sms, net…well nung Nokia 5110 nga dati, wlang mga updates, updates na yan.

• Fleeb says:

At kung problematic yung update, sabay sabay din ang reklamo.

• benchmark says:

By the way, im not commenting as SE user but as android user. :)

6. Verlin Casunuran says:

Xperia Neo user here but no ICS update yet. My SI number is 1251-2052 which was released on the 28th of May. Most probably early June na siguro dating ng update.

7. Burn
    Twitter: burndidit

Out of curiosity, I plugged my phone thru the PC Companion, and lo and behold, and ICS update was available. Updated it a few hours ago and I feel like my Neo V is a different phone!

8. april says:

hi. ano ang advantage and dis advantage pag nagkaroon ng ICS 4.0.3 sa Arc s? dito sa pinas ha. Thanks.