According to Xperia Guide, the unofficial firmware is meant to be used for as a preliminary build in order for developers to check for bugs and other inconsistencies. So far though, the “Commercial and Journalist” build seems to be working like a charm and can be side-loaded to your smartphone without the need to root it.
But before you go tweaking your phone’s OS, here’s a list of things that the said firmware will bring to your handset.
• White UI just like what Xperia Z1 has on Android 4.2.2 firmware.
• New Camera app similar to Xperia Z1.
• New Xperia home 6.1.2.A.0.1 version.
• New Album app 5.2.A.1.26 version.
• New Movies app 5.3.A.0.18 version.
• New themes and wallpapers just like Xperia Z1.
• You can choose new themes now, as there is “+” option tapping on it, you can download some cool themes from Sony Select app where the navigation bar and status bar color changes like to “blue” and the soft keys icons also.
• New keyboard app.
• No X-Reality for mobile, same old Bravia Engine 2 is there.
• Performance enhancement and Bug fixing.
• Screen calibrated for brighter display.