Skip to content
February 01, 2014

Globe breaks silence, explains Fair Usage Policy

It seems Globe is the only one actively defending the telco’s Fair Usage Policy. In a recent release they sent out via Twitter, they explained the FUP in a nice little infographic.

Here’s the entire picture of what the whole throttling and daily bandwidth allowance works.

They’ve also pointed out that less than 3% of their subscribers do exceed the 1GB per day or the 3GB per month allocation.

The controversy broke out last week when Globe started actively enforcing their Fair Usage Policy, sending out text messages to heavy users informing them of the measures implemented once they reach the daily and monthly allocation.

It seems Globe is trying to wean the 3% of their subscribers out of their network. The strategy is to endure all the pain with restricting all those 3% of their subscriber base (and the huge possibility of losing them to a competing network), rather than wait for the others to enforce the same on a later date. It’s either now or later and Globe decided to take the heat first and get it over with.

Last week, we noted that both Globe and Smart have their ow versions of the FUP. Globe has 3GB stated on print while Smart has 1.5GB cap stated in their FUP. You can read more about it here.

Globe ramps up 1GB/day or 3GB/month Fair Usage Policy
Fair Use Policy: Globe vs. Smart compared
Switching to Smart, not minding the FUP and Data Cap

277 Responses to “Globe breaks silence, explains Fair Usage Policy”

  1. John says:

    Fuck you ka Globe. hindi mo in-explain sa akin yung 3gb per month. pumayag na nga ako sa 1gb a day kasi sabi mo ma rereset naman sya on 12 midnight. Pero putang ina lang, hindi nyo sinabi sakin yung 3gb per month. Mga hayop., bagong subscriber lang ako sa inyo tapos ganito first impression. Fuck you sa 2 years lock-in period nyo.

  2. Joe says:

    Fuck you Globe. I am using less than 400MB per day but after 2 days of using i always kick me down to the 2G. And it doesn’t reset at midnigh. It is now 9:24am and I am still on 2G since last night at 7pm

  3. Joe says:

    Porgot to say: I’m using the prepaid pocket wifi from globe. They told me that I’m allowed to use 800MB/day at 3G speeds. Either they are lying or they don’t know their own policy. I think they are full of shit.

  4. you says:

    It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before
    ending I am reading this fantastic post to improve my experience.

  5. Klaus Ridder says:

    Compare it to thailand: DTAC offers 12GB per month for THB 799, which is about 1000 PHP. So 3 GB is pretty poor … however, in Germany, 200 MB to 500 MB are quite usual for around 10 to 20 Euro. 1 GB is considered a lot, and the biggest plans are 5GB. After that, you are slowed down to 65K.

  6. If you do have a large indoor garden, you can either use a large, indoor portable grow
    room or several smaller grow facilities. The secondary nutrients include
    calcium, magnesium, iron, and the like. The linings are certainly
    one of the main aspects of tent construction; the reflective interior and
    the dark exterior helps to keep light in whilst also absorbing any heat.

  7. Globesucks says:

    Dont tell us that the “less than 3%” has affected the bandwidth allocation for the other 97% that you need to enforce the FUP? And also you marketed the hspa+ as 4g tricking customers into thinking it is 4g lte.

  8. Light this time is reflected on inclusions positioned parallel with each other.

    Arteriosclerose nosode (Staufen-Pharma) (2): Physicians licensed to use nosodes may
    prescribe an individual potency or use a potency chord.
    I am free of generational beliefs that hold me down.

Leave a Reply

*
*