Breaking: Globe Telecom has launched a new cellphone-and-landline-in-one service called the Plan Duo Subscription. This service allows Globe subscribers to carry two numbers in a single SIM card — 1 mobile and 1 landline. Check the details of the plan below:
- Globe Plan Duo subscribers are given a Duo Landline number. The mobile phone and SIM will have two (2) numbers: your current mobile number (i.e. 0917-XXX-XXXX) and your Duo Landline number (i.e. 02-XXX-XXXX).
- With the Duo Plan, you get the following service at free of charge: Duo to any Landline calls, any Landline to Duo calls, and Duo to Duo calls. Calls made to other mobile numbers are charged regular mobile rates.
- There’s no need for a special dialing number — just key in the Area Code + Landline Number and your ringing. Same with calling another subscriber on a Duo line.
- Service is initially available in NCR and Cebu. All other calls outside the area code (02 for NCR or 32 for Cebu) will be charged regular mobile NDD rates.
Subscription to DUO Service is Php399 per month on top of your regular Globe Plan. Single SIM, two numbers? Time to ditch the landline.
How to get Globe Duo Plan:
1. Promo is open to all Globe Postpaid subscribers from April 5 to July 3, 2009 (not available for prepaid or corporate accounts).
2. Subscriber can avail of the service through the Business Centers or Register via SMS (with required SMS acceptance of Terms and Conditions). Simply text DUO to 8888.
3. There will be an initial 90-day holding period for new activations, subject to pre-termination fee of Php1,200. After the holding period, subscription is auto-renewed on a monthly basis unless otherwise requested by the subscriber.
4. You can only avail of one (1) active DUO landline number for every active Globe line, at any one time.