A recent speed test conducted by an independent professional engineering service, NESIC, showed that Smart Bro got better results, over-all. See some of the findings of the tests below.
The tests were conducted from July 4 to 6, 2011 in 100 test locations nationwide. The results were shared to members of the media during lunch today with reps from NESIC and Smart answering questions from the press.
The tool used to measure the data was Speedtest.net and the text server is located in San Francisco, USA (SF Monkey Brains server). Average speed test is taken from a sample of 5 tests.
Here’s the summary of the test done by NESIC:
- Smart is faster in 99 of the 100 test locations.
- 2.66Mbps highest peak speed for SmartBro (tested in Plantation Bay Resort)
- 1.23Mbps peak speed average for Smart Bro vs. 0.23Mbps of Globe Tattoo
- Average of 1Mbps faster in 47 of 100 locations.
- Average of 1.5Mbps faster in locations.
- Cebu has highest average speed difference of 1.38Mbps vs. Globe Tattoo
- Tondo, Manila has highest average speed difference of 2.29Mbps vs. Globe Tattoo.
Globe actually beat Smart Bro in only 1 of the 100 test locations (that’s at the Matutina Restaurant in Dagupan).
Smart’s network has been upgraded to HSPA+ as well with 3,116 base stations on HSPA 7.2Mbps and 154 base stations on HSPA+ 21Mbps.