Smart today held the commercial launch of their LTE service in the Philippines. This puts Smart as the first commercial provider of 42Mbps LTE service in the country.
The LTE service comes in one postpaid plan, the Smart LTE Plan 3500.
Here are the fine details we were able to get from Smart today:
* Promised speeds of up to 42Mbps where LTE signal is available.
* An initial 49 locations where LTE is available but will grow in time.
* Monthly service fee of Php3,500 is good for 10GB of bandwidth (upload and download).
* Additional bandwidth on top of 10GB will be charged Php450 per GB.
* The service comes with a free Huawei E392 dongle.
* Network compatibility with HSPA+, HSPA, 3G, EDGE, GPRS for areas where no LTE is available.
Here’s a map of all the LTE areas currently covered:
Smart is also offering a promo where the Plan 3500 has unlimited bandwidth from today until October 25, 2012. There’s a 24-month lock-in.