Facebook is getting ready on releasing a new UI for its Android app for quite a while now and apparently, anyone can experience it before it even comes out by simply following these steps.
Basically the new UI is available to anyone that runs a version 9.0 of the app, and in order to use that version one must become an Alpha tester for Facebook. Don’t worry, though, since becoming an Alpha tester is pretty simple.
Here are the steps to get Facebook’s new user interface running on your Android devices:
- Make sure you are not a Beta Facebook tester. If you are, simply leave the Google Group under Settings.
- Become an alpha tester by joining this Google Group.
- Follow the link in the Google Group to download the alpha version of the app from Google Play. (If you are asked to “Become a tester” before you hit the Facebook landing page on Google Play, click “Become a Tester.”)
- Push the application to whichever Android device you would like from Google Play.
- Log into the Facebook application on your phone after it is installed.
- You should now have the new flat Facebook UI.
The source notes that if your trial is unsuccessful and you don’t see the new interface but are sure that you’re running version 9.0 and up, click the “Clear Data” found under the app’s settings. That should do the trick.
There’s also an alternative method to doing this and it involves sideloading the APK unto the device. Head on to the source for the download link.
Let us know if you guys were able to successfully try it out!