I’ve already set my eyes on a MacBook for my next laptop purchase but every once in a while, a souped up rig from Toshiba, Asus, MSI or HP would fit my fancy that I find myself reconsidering my initial decision.
Take for example this Asus U3 which has built-in Global Positioning System and 3G.
- 13.3″ wide screen
- IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢2 Duo Processor T7500 2.20GHz
- Mobile IntelÂ® GM965 Chipset, ICH8M
- WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n
- nVIDIA GeForce G8400M G External 128MB VRAM
- Turbo Cache 384MB with 1GB system memory; 896M with 2GB system memory
- 1.3M Pixels Video Camera
- DDR2 667MHz, up to 2560MB (1 slot)
- 160 GB SATA HDD
- Intel Turbo Memory
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Biometric Fingerprint Scanner
- External USB ODD (Combo, Super Multi)
- 1x HDMI, 1x e-SATA, External GPS RF in connector, VGA port/Mini D-sub, 3x USB 2.0 ports, Audio jack, LAN RJ-45, Phone RJ-11 jack, 1394 Type jack, TV-Out (S-video)
- 31.85 x 24.3 x 2.22~3.22cm; 1.75kg (with 3 cell battery)
Actually, any lightweight laptop with built-in 3G/UMTS/HSDPA will surely catch my attention. However, seems the Turbo Memory feature will only work if you run Windows Vista with it.