It will be just a few days from now before Samsung unveils the Galaxy Gear smartwatch in Berlin, and yet a reported prototype of the said wearable technology has already made its rounds online.
VentureBeat was able to take photos of the Galaxy Gear from an internal promotional video made by an independent team closely working with Samsung. Based on the images, the Gear’s design has a rugged feel to it and looks more like a companion to the Galaxy S4 Active.
Listed below are some of the Galaxy Gear’s features:
- Samsung S Voice for voice commands
- Preloaded with Android apps for social media, health tracking, etc.
- Integration with a companion Galaxy S phone or tablet
- An easy-to-use swipe function to access apps, the built-in camera, and the photo gallery
- Call logs (A cool use-case: You can initiate a call from the watch to a Samsung smartphone device)
- Internet access
- Power button on the side
- Social media integration — you can share to your Facebook or Twitter account from the watch
- 10+ hours battery life
As for other specs, the device will sport a 3-inch high-quality OLED display, Bluetooth, WiFi, and a 4 megapixel camera.
Samsung will be unveiling the device on September 4th in Berlin. We’ll be there to cover the event so stay tuned.