Yesterday, Toshiba Philippines let us in on their latest 4K TV offering which goes under the L9300 series. Let’s take a closer look at their latest creation and see what sets this one apart from the other 4K TVs we’ve seen in the past.
Good thing Toshiba Philippines placed a same-sized TV from a different manufacturer beside theirs for a closer look at the advantages that the 55Z7 has to offer. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose which brand and model the other TV is, but we can share some of the things we’ve noticed on the comparison.
* Levels of Blacks and Whites are more discernible.
* Lines (Horizontal, Vertical and Diagonal) appear sharper and more refined.
* Better color representation and contrast/brightness adjustment.
* Lesser image noise thanks to 4K Digital Noise Reduction tool
* Near-4K resolution even on 1080p contents
All of these features are possible through Toshiba’s in-house chip called CEVO 4K engine which packs a Quad+Dual-core processors and DDR3 RAM (undisclosed frequency). This, coupled with an equally sophisticated software, enables their new offerings to produce images/videos with almost unreal levels of detail and clarity.
Toshiba Philippines remains mum on the pricing and availability of their upcoming L9300 Series 4K TVs, but we can probably expect it in the latter half/quarter of this year. Another thing we can expect is that it’ll not be as cheap as the conventional TVs we’re so accustomed to.