New Ford Explorer Limited with EcoBoost to be available in PH this month
Ford Philippines brings the latest Explorer in the country sporting the maker’s own EcoBoost Technology and a new look — both inside and out.
The new 2.3-liter Explorer is equipped with 20-inch aluminum wheels for improved ride and handling while the interior now has door seal to reduce engine sound vibrations during the drive. Aside from minor tweaks to the design of the SUV, Ford has put in a number of smart technologies including:
- Front 180-degree Camera with Washer — a wide-angle front camera that cleans itself eliminating blur when viewing.
- Front Park Assist Technology — sensors that warn the driving of oncoming vehicles.
- Smart-Charging USB ports — front and rear USB ports with fast-charging.
- Hands-Free Liftgate — kicking motion sensor activated liftgate opening.
- Paddle Shifters — steering wheel shifters for sportier driving.
It’s powered by a 2.3-liter limited EcoBoost engine delivering 274 PS at 5,500 rpm and 408 Nm of torque at 3,500 rpm, mated to a 6-speed Select Shift Automatic transmission. The SUV will be available in all Ford dealerships nationwide this month for Php 2,479,000 and will come in three colors: Tuxedo Black, White Platinum, and Magnetic Metallic.
We’re currently test driving the new Explorer. Stay tuned for our review!