ABS-CBN thinks Blogging did not help PBB
Now that’s a shocker! ABS-CBN is implying that blogging did not help promote their Pinoy Big Brother show that’s why they scrapped the segment of Retz as the featured PBB blogger in their Pinoy Big Brother Revealed show last Thursday. Retz here has the rundown, The Ca t is in the verge of a scratching spree while Jobert adds that this is why he likes GMA 7 more.
Let’s dissect why ABS-CBN did not like PBB bloggers and how they come up with that conclusion.
- PBB Bloggers gets much higher in the SERPS than their own blogs and forums.
- They got fewer subscriptions than expected from the 24/7 Sky Cable service and the internet streaming service because bloggers get to share these infos/screencaps for free.
- PBB bloggers tend to douse off excitement (read: spoiler posts).
- Bloggers get to earn from AdSense while they don’t.
- ABS-CBN wants to dominate online showbiz content delivery but bloggers are way ahead.
- Not every blogger likes PBB but they still blog about it.
But that only strengthens the idea that blogging has indeed boosted the market reach of these shows. Make that free advertising as well. See, even those who don’t tune in to ABS-CBN still get to read about Big Brother online. It’s practically all over the net.
What a shame.