Samsung’s most powerful Note has finally arrived, the Galaxy Note10+. It packs powerful specs, including quad-rear cameras. So for this comparison, we’re putting it up against another flagship smartphone with good cameras, the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom.
|Specs||Samsung Galaxy Note10+||OPPO Reno 10x Zoom|
|Display||6.8-inch QHD+ (3040 x 1080) Infinity-O Display (Dynamic AMOLED), 498ppi, HDR10+||6.6-inch FHD+ (2340 x 1080) AMOLED display, 387ppi|
|Glass Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 6||Corning Gorilla Glass 6|
|CPU||- Samsung Exynos 9825 7nm 2.7GHz octa-core|
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 2.96GHz octa-core (US model)
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 2.8GHz octa-core|
|GPU||- Mali-G76 MP12 GPU|
- Adreno 640 GPU (US Model)
|Adreno 640 GPU|
|RAM||12GB LPDDR4X||8GB LPDDR4X|
|Storage||256GB, 512GB UFS 3.0 storage||256GB UFS 2.1 storage|
|Expandable Storage||microSD up to 1TB||microSD up to 256GB|
|Rear Camera||12MP F1.5-F2.4 (OIS) + 16MP F2.2 ultra-wide angle + 12MP F2.1 Telephoto (OIS) + DepthVision, quad rear cameras||48MP Sony IMX586 F1.7 main (OIS) +
13MP F3.0 Periscope telephoto camera (OIS) +
8MP F2.2 super wide-angle triple rear cameras
|Front Camera||10MP F2.2 front camera||16MP F2.0 front camera (pop-up)|
|Connectivity||4G LTE (5G model available)||4G LTE|
|SIM||Dual-SIM card slot (nano)||Dual-SIM card slot (nano)|
|Wi-Fi||WiFi 6 (2.4GHz + 5GHz)||WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.0|
|3.5mm audio port||No||No|
|GPS||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, QZSS|
|USB||USB Type-C||USB Type-C|
|Sensors||- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner|
- Face Unlock
|- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Face Unlock
|Features||-Bixby Vision 2.0|
-IP68 dust and water-resistance
-S-Pen with IP68, 4096 pressure level, gesture navigation
- AKG Stereo Speakers w/ Dolby Atmos
|OS||Samsung One UI (Android 9 Pie)||ColorOS 6 (Android 9.0 Pie)|
|Battery||4,300mAh battery w/ 45W fast charging and 20W wireless charging||4,065mAh battery w/ 20W VOOC Flash Charge 3.0|
|Dimensions||162.3 x 77.2 x 7.9 mm||162 x 77.2 x 9.3 mm|
|Weight||196 g||210 g|
Summary of advantages
Samsung Galaxy Note10+:
• Larger screen
• Higher resolution with HDR10+ support
• Larger RAM
• Larger storage
• Larger microSD card capacity support
• Higher ultra-wide-angle camera resolution
• DepthVision camera
• IP68 dust and water resistance
• AKG Stereo Speakers
• Heatpipe cooling
• Larger battery capacity with wireless charging
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom:
• No-notch screen
• Higher main rear camera resolution
• Higher telephoto camera resolution
• 60x zoom
• Higher front camera resolution
Hands-down, the Galaxy Note10+ has a huge advantage over the Reno 10x Zoom. However, don’t count out the OPPO flagship just yet.
Looking at the display, the Note10+ wins in terms of screen size, resolution, and HDR10+ support. However, the Reno 10x Zoom doesn’t have the distracting notch for a more immersive full-screen display.
Storage-wise, the Note10+ again wins for having a larger 512GB model and support for up to 1TB microSD cards. It also wins when it comes to other features like the S-Pen to boost productivity, IP68 rating, stereo speakers, and heat pipe cooling.
When it comes to cameras, things get interesting. The Note10+ has four rear cameras with a higher ultra-wide-angle camera resolution and the addition of a DepthVision camera for better bokeh effects. The Reno 10x Zoom, on the other hand, has a higher main rear and telephoto camera resolution, with the latter offering up to an impressive 60x zoom. Also, it has a higher resolution front camera for selfies.
Powering the devices are flagship chipsets. The Note10+ uses either an Exynos or Snapdragon depending on the region, while the Reno 10x Zoom uses a Snapdragon. The former has the advantage as it sports a larger 12GB of RAM with up to 512GB of storage, while the latter has 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage.
As for battery capacity, the Note10+ has a bigger capacity than the Reno 10x Zoom. We’ll know more about the former’s battery life once we have it for review.
And that sums it up. If you want a smartphone for productivity with plenty of features, you can go with the Note10+. But if you’re looking for something with an impressive zoom range and doesn’t have a notch, the Reno 10x Zoom will serve you well.
Read more Samsung Galaxy Note10 related articles here:
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+, priced in the Philippines
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Hands-On
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Hands-On
- Watch: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Hands-On
- Watch: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Hands-On
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs Galaxy Note 10+: What’s Different?
- Best Features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Series
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ vs S10+: Which one to get?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs Xiaomi Mi 9 Specs Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs OPPO Reno Specs Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ vs ASUS ROG Phone 2 Specs Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ vs OPPO Reno 10x Zoom Specs Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ vs Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specs Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs OnePlus 7 vs Huawei P30 Specs Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ vs OnePlus 7 Pro vs Huawei P30 Pro Specs Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Under Armour Edition now official
- Samsung Galaxy Book S announced
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Series 5G models now official