web analytics

Cherry Mobile Eclipse 2.2: Cheapest Android at Php5k

Cosmic Technologies is also coming out with what could be the cheapest Android smartphone in the Philippines, the Cherry Mobile Eclipse 2.2. It’s the first Android phone to have a suggested retail price of under Php5,000.

And it’s a dual-SIM smartphone too running Android 2.2 Froyo. See poster below for full specs:

• Cherry Mobile Eclipse 2 2 • Cherry Mobile Eclipse 2.2: Cheapest Android At Php5K

Realme Philippines

It’s interesting to note that the Eclipse used to refer to the WinMo line-up of Cherry Mobile. The Eclipse 2.2 is now on Android (the 2.2 suffix might refer to the Android version). It’s got 512MB of ROM and 256MB RAM and comes with WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.2-inch screen and a 2MP camera.

See also  Samsung Galaxy S20 FE now official

The Cherry Mobile Eclipse 2.2 will have a retail price of Php4,999 and should be available in stores soon.

On a side note, we’re giving away that Cherry Mobile Cosmo here.

5 1 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

30 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Ann
Ann
10 years ago

No no no no don’t ever experiment sa pagbili ng cherry mobile. Bumili ako noon ng Eclipse 2 I paid it cash regular price pa P9,990 experiment ko lang baka maganda brand.I was happy sa specs then right after I bought it mic wasnt working properly akala ko sa network lang then napansin ko lahat ng tinatawagan ko di ako maintindihan. Ibinabalik ko sa cherry pero sabi iiwan then baka abutin daw ng 3 mos pagawa, itetext na lang daw ako pag arrive ng phone. So ginawa ko nagtiyaga ako nag headset na lang ako. Tapos ayun after 4 months nasira na yung touch screen, never pa nababagsak napakaingat ko sa phone ni wala gasgas ang screen kse first day I bought it nilagyan ko din ng screen protector. all the time yung phone nasa case lang binilhan ko din. But on July 19, 2011 my phone wasn’t responding. The touch screen isn’t responding anymore but when I tried to switch it off it will work again and then it will not respond again after using for a few minutes or sometimes hours. So my phone wasn’t of any use any more it’s not functioning properly.

The waiting started, I gave my phone to them on July 19 2011 they told me that they’ll text me when my phone was fixed. I got my phone yesterday November 9,2011 it’s been nearly 4 months of waiting. I’ve had a long patience I thought ok no worries it’s fixed forget everything. But it’s still not working OMG as my previous complaint I’ve told them “the touch screen isn’t responding anymore but when I tried to switch it off it will work again and then it will not respond again after using for a few minutes or sometimes hours” it is still there DAMN stupid choice I bought a Cherry Mobile brand. Pati wifi di makabrowse sa bahay namin. Samantalang my good old N82 was able to browse without any kaartehan sa settings. Guys BEWARE!

justen
10 years ago

wow naman hanip ang cgerry mobile eclipse 2.2 kompleto na may youtube na may facebook pa at may google pa…ang saya naman

rai
rai
10 years ago

maganda to paglaruan, kahit ma-brick hindi nakapang hihinayang :D

van
van
10 years ago

having problems with the bluetooth. May time na gumagana, may time na wala talaga. Hindi sya ma search ng nokia fones.. hindi nya rin na search kahit anong fone..

terter
10 years ago

alin ba mas better sa mga netphone ngayon Ung affordable budget friendly and maraming features Ung sulit tlga pag nabili mo plzzzzzz help me guys

janskie
janskie
10 years ago

pangit pla e2ng phone na e2.. tsk3

Mboy
Mboy
10 years ago

ok sakin toh kung pwding i root Android.

Anyone here know how to root Cosmo CM. or any CM. Phones?

Name:
Name:
10 years ago

whew………. i want to buy this phone coz iots affordable…. bad for the comments… i gonna think twice 1st… maybe thrice even….. :)

mr. bogus
mr. bogus

bad hardware!!

bad after sales!!

aj
aj
11 years ago

ei! i was shocked with these comments! i thought it’s very nice! anyway. thanks! haha

geogetski666
geogetski666
11 years ago

mediatek chipset are the china made oem phones that are sold in raon and quiapo models the chipset was specifically made for windows mobile 6.0 to 6.5 before it is outdated and very slow compare to the same clocked qualcomm processors there are 4″ to 3.5″ models sold in quiapo for 5k also stay away from this model XD

warning : much slower than the crappy orbit model cherry is selling XD

Jonaflormicfren
11 years ago

The best price for affordability, but hope that it will also give good output.

irv
irv
11 years ago

with these terrible hardware specs, the android experience with this unit will be worse than stabbing yourself in the eye with a butter knife.

lawrence
lawrence
Reply to  irv
11 years ago

and how would you compare the “terrible hardware specs” of this smartphone to other smartphones out there with the same price or lower? or even compare this to other feature phones below P5,000? i think the selling point of this device is the price. we have to admit that there are still a lot of pinoys out there who don’t spend more than P5,000 on a phone. and I think this device is a good alternative for the budget conscious.

Name: IC DeaDPiPoL
Name: IC DeaDPiPoL
11 years ago

specs seems quite outdated (400mhz processor and 8mb max microSD support)

Erin
Erin
11 years ago

Some people still prefer the accuracy of resistive screens over the stylus-free capacitive ones. Just because you dont want one doesnt mean everybody has the same preference. :)

ciao!

simplynice93
simplynice93
Reply to  Erin
11 years ago

I agree w/ u. I have both resistive and capacitive touchscreen phones. Mas maganda ang resistive in the long run kesa capacitive na after >1 year nagloloko na.

lawrence
lawrence
Reply to  Erin
11 years ago

I used both capacitive and resistive screens. i prefer resistive for it’s accuracy. i wouldn’t say which one is “better” because users have different needs. but what I can safely say is, I prefer resistive.

richard
richard
11 years ago

yes, resistive screen is already outdated in the touchscreen technology for mobile phones. This will discourage buyers in patronizing this model.

marvin
marvin
11 years ago

They should’ve made it capacitive at least.

watrboy
11 years ago

will wait for the review.. :) nice buy if this is good..

Rosing
11 years ago

Alcatel also offers the same price and almost the same specs with variety of colors..love the fuschia and own one. Check out https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=198889410167366&set=pu.116990021690639&type=1&theater

daniel
daniel
11 years ago

mas ok pa ung cosmo. baliw lng bibili ng resistive na screen ngayon haha joke :)

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x