web analytics

Nokia N97 Pre-Order, Php40K Price Tag?

The Nokia N97 is coming out this June and you have the chance to pre-order this smartphone today and get it on launch day.

What’s conspicuously missing in the pre-order page here is the suggested retail price.

Realme Philippines

Nokia N97 Philippines

If we follow the earlier announced price in Europe of €550, it may end up somewhere in the Php40k range after tariffs and VAT.

See also  Watch: Huawei Y9 2019 Gaming Review: CAN IT GAME?? (Episode 7)

Considering that the Nokia N96 had an SRP of Php37,850 (on its first release in the Philippines) and the Nokia E90 costs about Php35,500, that figure isn’t far off.

Any takers?

5 1 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
45 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
benjoot
benjoot
12 years ago

i’ve upgraded my n95 8gb with n97 and i can tell you the n97 is superb..
With many features i can say that the pricetag is more or less worth it..i’m a great fan of the iphone long before the oldest 2g came out but i think the n97 has the greater advantage against the iphone..
U dont want to miss a phone like ds.no kidding, this phone takes nokia on to the next level

majuro
majuro
12 years ago

nokia is by and large quick to depreciate in value because they easily replace a current model with a new one simply by adding 1 or 2 more features to the next. it all depends on the gullible materialistic person who wants the latest model.. which in the philippines, we don’t lack of. lol

40k is too much but if you wait for 3-4 months more, it’ll drop down to around 35k. and that’s the reason i prefer sony ericsson. they’ve got better phones with good resell value. can’t wait for aino. =)

rose
rose
12 years ago

30k lang d2 sa singapore.:)

coolfx35
coolfx35
13 years ago

I have just upgraded my Nokia N95 to an N97. So far, so good.

However, when anyone calls me on my phone it just displays “CALL CALLING” on the screen even though that person is listed in my contacts. I’ve had a decent look through the menus etc. but I cannot find how to make it display the contacts name when they ring.

Am I missing something obvious or is this a feature that requires a fix?

The only thing to mention is that I used Nokia PC Suite to backup the contacts from my N95 and then I restored them to my N97.

if you have any good idea for a mod, please share them at http://www.NokiaN97Forum.com

Many Thanks…

Iain

Nikka
Nikka
13 years ago

Last day for pre-order is June 19! Get a chance to get your Nokia N97 bundled with a free Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router (worth Php 2,995) and free delivery.

jc
jc
13 years ago

finally got one in black without comes with music hehehe ganda! sulit hahaha u should have a data plan para magamit lahat ng features or wifi

Charlie
Charlie
13 years ago

Its Php34,000. If you go to www.nokia.com.ph and follow the pre-order process, the price will come out.

jc
jc
13 years ago

update here in sg…comes with music 1288sgd without comes with music its 1088sgd…and its hard to find without comes with music…just to give you guys an idea on the prices as normally mas mahal ng konti dito pag nokia

loreen
loreen
13 years ago

i saw that.. but it still wont hit the 40K mark.. since prices from other countries doesn’t mean they are equivalent in the forex.. some people who want to buy it might be thinking twice because of that estimated price.. but anyway, i’m sure nokia will release the prices on the pre-order period..

jc
jc
13 years ago

here in singapore its about 1200sgd times 32 so its 38400php tapos may installed apps for singapore like cinemas and bus stop infos. june 15 daw labas

jc
jc
13 years ago

here in singapore its about 1200sgd times 32 so its 38400 tapos may installed apps for singapore like cinemas and bus stop infos

Obed of AloofKid

I rather by HTC Tytn II

loreen
loreen
13 years ago

yugatech’s price is exaggerated, it won’t reach 40K “duh!”.. and the n96 nowadays costs around 28k-32k.. i bet the N97 will be ranging from 33-35k.. and its a good buy, an all in one phone and you get a chance to win a router.. i’ll be getting one for sure, an upgrade from my N95..

abbee

Looks cumbersome to use.

kristine
13 years ago

interesante naman at marami pa ring mga pinoy ang hindi nahuhulog sa consumerism. masyado naman yata talagang mahal ang P40k para sa isang cellphone na makukuha lamang ng mandurukot :P

rjca
rjca
13 years ago

what’s with all the bashing. yes it’s expensive but it has features to back it up so it’s not stupidly expensive it’s just expensive period. it’s like a ford mondeo versus a bmw m5 one is more expensive but a lot of people would say it’s worth it.

The Philippine Love & Relationships Forum
13 years ago

very expensive. pero ayos na rin sa dami ng features.

Noel
Noel
13 years ago

A nokia 5800 with qwerty keypad at almost 3x the price? No thanks. I have the 5800 and was considering the n97 but the price is a big no no.

Caloy
Caloy
13 years ago

With the advent of the cheaper netbooks I think that expensive do-it-all phones are on their way out. I find surfing on a phone difficult because of the small screen. But I do like the convenience of a camera phone – the best combination for me would be a good 3G phone with 5megapixels or more and a netbook. Like others here have noted I can get these and still have a lot of change left over from the 40th price tag.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x