web analytics

Sony Xperia S is first non-SE smartphone

The split-up of Sony and Ericsson has left Sony to carry the Xperia line on its own. First up on the podium is the Sony Xperia S (formerly referred to as Nozomi).

Before this Sony-Ericsson did not have any dual-core processor in its handset line-up. The Sony Xperia S will get a dual-core 1.5GHz chip just to impress.

Realme Philippines

Sony Xperia S • Sony Xperia S Is First Non-Se Smartphone

Sony Xperia S specs:
4.3-inch Reality Display @ 720p (1280×720 pixels)
Snapdragon S3 1.5GHz dual-core processor
1GB RAM
16GB internal storage
up to 32GB via microSD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA
Bluetooth 2.1
NFC support
HGPS w/ aGPS support
12MP Exmor R rear camera
1080p video recording
1.3MP front facing camera
Android 2.3 Gingerbread

See also  TECNO Mobile POVA 3 priced, now official

The Sony Xperia S will also be Playstation certified, just like the SE Xperia Play. Sony also announced an Xperia Ion but that’s in partnership with AT&T and sports an LTE chip and bigger 4.6-inch screen. The Xperia S is expected to be released by 2nd quarter of 2012.

5 1 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
45 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
jex
jex
10 years ago

Nice one Sony.. taob lahat ng phone manufacturers nung ni Launched ang Xperia S at Xperia Ion paano kase lahat ng phones ng samsung, htc etc. magkakamukha o kamukha ng 2011 series nila. Unlike Sony Xperia 2012 Design and specs is indeed different from Xperia 2011. This is my next phone sana kapareho lang ng Xperia Arc S ang price kapag naging available na to sa pinas.

lawrence
lawrence
10 years ago

the phone I’ve been dreaming of all along. and now from one of my fave manufacturers. the specs are the highest one can get AON, just adding a xenon flash will make it perfect. but then again it might affect the battery consumption, considering android itself consumes power a lot by nature.

I miss the SE branding though. I kinda hate the very technical appeal of SONY logo.

Sanji
Sanji
10 years ago

Will SE phones get ICS update? I mean Sony.

Sanji
Sanji
10 years ago

Perfect specs resembling iPhone’s design and irreplaceable battery. Kudos!

John
10 years ago

Sir Yuga, just to correct, Sony did not split up with Ericsson. Sony bought out the remaining stake of Ericsson at their joint venture, hence, future products will carry the company name Sony. (Source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/27/sony-buys-out-ericssons-stake-in-joint-venture-assumes-ownersh/)

On topic: The phone looks lovely!

The Truth
The Truth
10 years ago

Also called Sony Ericsson Xperia Nozomi or Sony Ericsson Arc HD, I guess Yuga did not research very well about this unit’s other name. By the time they release this unit, Apple Iphone 5 will arrived this 2012. So better save now your hard earned money for a brandnew cellphone either Sony or Apple. You decide.

von
von
Reply to  The Truth
10 years ago

Why would yuga research about its RUMORED names??? When Sony itself has officially stated its name as Xperia S. I really don’t see the point.

Darla
Darla
10 years ago

did they really split? (sony and ericsson) according to other sites, sony bought ericsson’s shares

JYEAH-R
JYEAH-R
10 years ago

IMHO, maganda sana, 12MP camera, HD video-capture, superb multimedia/gaming capabilities pero no expansion slot?not gorilla glass yung display ata.di ma-remove yung battery. and I think that grey band at the bottom looks ridiculous and will often be mistaken as buttons. I’ll pass.

Guest
Guest
Reply to  JYEAH-R
10 years ago

The transparent area houses the antenna. Please do a research first before commenting that the part is ridiculous. Talk about innovation.

JYEAH-R
JYEAH-R
Reply to  JYEAH-R

@GUEST
FYI, I knew that that gray translucent/see-through band has something to do with the antenna. So yes, I did my homework before making that comment. I was talking about the ‘design’ and not the it’s ‘function’. It kinda ruins the phone’s aesthetics. Like a rubber band on a sexy phone that I want to remove. If you’re OK with that, errr, fine.Each his own. But, you’re the one who should do a little research over a comment first before trying to be smart.

Rjay
Rjay
Reply to  JYEAH-R
10 years ago

@JYEAH-R If you are a boy you are a FAGGOT, if you are a girl you are Ms. Know it all

JYEAH-R
JYEAH-R
Reply to  JYEAH-R

@Rjay
mmmpphahayyyzpppzzz…here comes another one of those losers who you call you names just because they don’t know sh*t.I don’t it all mate!, I JUST KNOW BETTER THAN YOU!!! OUCH.Not my fault.
‘If I were I ‘BOY’, I’m a Faggot’?–doesn’t make sense mate.that all you got?. BTW, keep guessing about my gender mate, I’m enjoying it.

One more thing, you’re definitely a boy and you’re definitely a QUEER.

JYEAH-R
JYEAH-R
Reply to  JYEAH-R

@Rjay,
oh and it’s ‘know-it-all’ mate :)

ethan
ethan
10 years ago

I’m just wondering why they always put S in every phones name, is that how they imitate iphone, from design to name??? :D

marco
marco
Reply to  ethan
10 years ago

I knew it, people didn’t realize things till apple does it. Now, the concept of adding the letter S to a product’s name suddenly becomes novel and innovative.

daniel
daniel
10 years ago

takte! ang angas talaga ng cellphones ng SONY!!! basta pagdating sa design, stand-out ang sony! i dont really like super thin gadgets… well btw lahat naman ng cellphone ngaun manipis na eh. pagka kasi sobrang nipis masakit sa kamay ang tulis haha. pero ito astig talaga! tapos 12mp pa. takte hahaha. gusto ko talga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Williams
Mark Williams
10 years ago

hmmm… why is the battery not removable/.

von
von
Reply to  Mark Williams
10 years ago

Bec. it sports a fast charging feature that can fully charge the battery in just about 10 minutes.

roiji

techgasm!!
can’t wait to buy this next year (pag half na price! hahha)

Bert Singson
Bert Singson
10 years ago

Wala talagang tatalo sa Sony pagdating sa design. Super Sleek .. LIKE !

bern
bern
10 years ago

ang ganda! 12MP ang camera, sayang lang dahil walang compass, gusto ko sana may compass.

josh
josh

SUPERB!

gambit_140481
gambit_140481
10 years ago

postponed tuloy ang pagbili ko ng xperia arc s because of this fon..another 6 months of waiting..:(

emman
emman
Reply to  gambit_140481
10 years ago

bi2li rn sna aq ng Xperia Arc S..sang store k pla bi2li?

booboo
booboo
10 years ago

Parang yung features nito ang rumored features ng iPhone 5, except of course sa OS pero the camera, screen size, LTE, and NFC, yan ang mga rumored features of iPhone 5.

charli3
charli3
10 years ago

Nokia N8 + Galaxy S2 Fusion.
sayang ito hinihintay ko, bumili agad ako ng ray :(

edward
edward
10 years ago

holy moly!! buti di pako nakakabili nang anroid….

Marco

ang ganda!!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x