ASUS ZenFone 6 now official
After almost 1 year, ASUS has finally launched its newest line of ZenFone smartphones for 2019 under the ZenFone 6 family.
The ASUS ZenFone 6 sports an -inch, Snapdragon 855 chipset, up to 8GB of RAM, up to 256GB of storage, 48MP + 13MP dual flip cameras, and 5,000 mAh battery with fast charging technology.
It features a new button called Smart Key which allows users to customize and manage the Google Assistant.
One of its unique features is its flip cameras which allows the rear cameras (by default) to become the front camera so image quality is not compromised. It can also be flipped up to 90-degrees which is quite new to smartphone cameras nowadays. ASUS assures that this mechanism is secure and safe as its foundation is made up of liquid metal material.
It first numerous camera features as Macro mode, HDR+, Super Night mode, Portrait, Slow Motion, Time Lapse, Pro Mode. Its new feature is an Auto Panorama mode and the world’s first selfie 4K 60fps video recording with EIS technology.
ASUS ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL) specs:
- 6.4-inch 19.5:9 FHD+ All-screen nano-edge IPS display @2340 x 1080px
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 2.84GHz octa-core CPU
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- expandable up to 2TB via micro SD card slot (dedicated)
- Dual-SIM slot
- 48MP f/1.79 Sony IMX586 PDAF + 13MP ultra-wide (125-degree) dual flip cameras w/ Laser autofocus, Dual LED flash, 90-degree flip support
- Macro mode, HDR+, Super Night mode, Portrait, Slow Motion (up to 480fps), Time Lapse, Pro Mode, Auto Panorama
- 4K 60fps video recording w/ EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Dual 4G LTE Cat. 13
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS (Dual bands, L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1), GALILEO (Dual bands, E1+E5a), QZSS (Dual bands, L1+L5)
- USB Type-C
- Face Unlock
- Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted)
- 3.5mm audio port
- Smart Key button
- Stereo Speakers, Audio Wizard, DTS:X Ultra
- 5-magnet speaker with dual NXP TFA9874
- Hi-Res audio 192kHz/24-bit
- FM Radio
- ZenUI 6 (Android 9 Pie)
- 5,000mAh battery w/ Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0 technology
- Midnight Black, Twilight Silver
- 159.1 x 75.44 x 8.4-9.1mm
Here are the prices of each variant:
- 6GB + 64GB – EUR 499 (~PHP 29,305)
- 6GB + 128GB – EUR 559 (~PHP 32,828)
- 8GB + 256GB – EUR 599 (~PHP 35,177)
Local availability and pricing are yet to be announced.