Nubia X with Dual-Screen, Snapdragon 845 now official
Nubia has announced a new flagship smartphone that features a dual-screen design and powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset, the Nubia X.
The company also eliminated the notch design as well as the front camera, we’ll get to that in a bit. The main screen features a 6.26-inch Full HD+ LCD display while the rear screen has a 5.1-inch HD+ OLED display with 1,520 x 720 resolution, up to 8GB RAM, up to 256GB internal storage, 16MP f/1.8 + 24MP f/1.7 AI rear shooters, 3,800mAh battery with fast charging, and dual fingerprint scanners located on the left and right sides for easier unlocking.
So how do you take selfies? Since there’s an OLED panel at the rear, you can now use the rear camera to take self-portraits. The OLED panel can also be button mapped to provide more gaming experience for users. Speaking of gaming, the device uses a multi-layered graphene heat spreader to avoid overheating when doing heavy tasks such as gaming and continuous video recording.
Nubia X specs:
- 6.26-inch 19:9 IPS LCD display @2280 x 1080px
- 5.1-inch 19:9 OLED display @ 1520 x 720px
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 (both screens)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 2.8GHz octa-core processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- no microSD card slot
- 16MP f/1.8 + 24MP f/1.7 AI rear shooters
- 4G+ LTE (China only)
- Dual-SIM (nano)
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5.0GHz)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C
- Dual fingerprint scanner (left and right sides)
- Maverick Voice 2.0
- Nubia UI 6.0.2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- 3800mAh battery with 9V 2A QC3.0 fast charging
- 73.30mm x 154.10mm x 8.40mm
Here are the prices of each variant:
- 6GB + 64GB – CNY 3,299 (~PHP 25,216)
- 8GB + 128GB – CNY 3,699 (~PHP 28,315)
- 8GB + 256GB + Blue light filter glass – CNY 4,299 (~PHP 32,859).