Samsung’s Exynos 7 Series 7904 Mobile Processor now official
Samsung announced the launch of their latest mobile processor, the Exynos 7 Series 7904, tailored for the Indian market.
According to Samsung, the Exynos 7 Series 7904 is built on a 14nm process and features enhanced multimedia support to allow high-end features on mid-range smartphones. It sports an image signal processor that supports a single-camera resolution of up to 32MP and also offers triple-camera support. It is also equipped with two Cortex-A73 cores that run at 1.8GHz, and six Cortex-A53 cores that run at 1.6 GHz. Other features include an LTE modem embedded in it can support a Cat.12 3-carrier aggregation (CA) for 600Mbps speed, FHD at 120 fps to UHD at 30fps video playback.
Samsung emphasized the mobile processor is customized for the Indian market. However, they did not state why. The Exynos 7 Series 7904 is currently in mass production.
Samsung Exynos 7 Series 7904 Mobile Processor
- 14nm FinFET Process
- Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- Up to 1.8GHz Dual-core (Cortex-A73) + Up to 1.6Ghz Hexa-core (Cortex-A53)
- Up to Full HD+ (2400×1080) display
- eMMC 5.1 storage
- LPDDR4x memory
- Up to 4K 30fps encoding and decoding with HEVC(H.265), H.264 and VP8, and decoding with VP9
- Rear 32MP, Front 32MP, Dual Camera 16MP+16MP
- LTE Cat. 12 3CA 600Mbps (DL) / Cat.13 2CA 150Mbps (UL)
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- FM Radio