Sony a9 officially launched in PH, priced
Sony Philippines has just officially launched in the country its a9 mirrorless camera that boasts a full-frame sensor and the capability to continuously shoot up to 20fps.
This camera is specifically intended for sports, wildlife or really fast scenarios as it can catch shots at 1/32,000 of a second. Native ISO range is between 100 – 51,200 and expandable to 50 – 204,800.
The camera can record 4K videos and capture full HD footage in 120fps at up to 100Mbps. Below are some of its key specs and features.
• World’s First full-frame stacked CMOS sensor, 24.2MP resolution
• Blackout-Free Continuous Shooting at up to 20fps for up to 241 RAW/ 362 JPEG images
• Silent, Vibration-free shooting at speeds up to 1/32,000 sec
• 693 point focal plane phase detection AF points with 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second
• Extensive professional features including Ethernet port for file transfer, Dual SD card slots and extended battery life
• 5-Axis in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
Apart from that, new accessories were released like the NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Battery, VG-C3EM Vertical Grip, NPA-MQZ1K Multi-Battery Adaptor Kit, GP-X1EM Grip Extension, FDA-EP18 Eyepiece Cup, BC-QZ1 Battery Charger, and PCK-LG1 Screen Protect Glass Sheet although there are still no local prices for these.
It is currently priced in the Philippines at Php239,999 (body only) starting July 1, 2017 in all Sony Centers and Sony authorized dealers nationwide.