How to apply for the GSIS COVID-19 Emergency Loan online
Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) President and GM Rolando Macasaet announced that their members and pensioners may now apply for the GSIS COVID-19 Emergency Loan program online.
Members and pensioners may take out a PHP 20,000 load, payable in three years, at a 6% interest rate per annum. The loan is covered by insurance and will be deemed fully paid in the event of the borrower’s demise. The loan proceeds will be electronically credited to the borrower’s eCard or UMID card.
All GSIS members of good standing may avail the COVID-19 emergency loan, except members who are on leave without pay, with arrears in paying the mandatory life insurance contributions or have unpaid loans for more than six months. Borrowers should also have a minimum take-home pay of PHP 5,000 after the deduction of monthly contributions and loan amortization from their salary. Old-age and disability pensioners may also apply for the loan, provided their net monthly pension after paying the loan’s monthly amortization is at least 25% of their basic monthly pension.
To apply for the GSIS Emergency Loan, simply complete the requirements and send them to GSIS’ email addresses based on the member’s place of work or the pensioner’s residence. Here are the requirements for submission to apply for the GSIS Emergency Loan:
- Filled out Emergency Loan Application Form which you can download here
- Scanned copy of borrower’s GSIS eCard or Unified Multi-Purpose Identification card
- Photo of the borrower holding the filled-out form
- If neither the eCard or UMID card is available, the borrow may instead submit two valid IDs
Loan applicants may then submit the completed form and requirements to the following email addresses:
- Borrowers in NCR including Quezon City and Cavite: [email protected]
- Borrowers in North Luzon: [email protected]
- Borrowers in South Luzon: [email protected]
- Borrowers in Visayas: [email protected]
- Borrowers in Mindanao: [email protected]
Additionally, active members and pensioners with UMID cards may apply through GSIS Wireless Automated Processing Systems (GWAPS). The GWAPS can be found in GSIS branches, extension offices, provincial capitols, city halls, selected municipal offices, large government agencies, and several Robinsons and SM Malls.