web analytics

5 Million Filipino Friendster users?

I was doing a quick post over at Pinoy.Tech.Blog about “Friendster Ads for Php20” when I stumble upon their stats that claim there are 5 Million Filipino Friendster users.

Realme Philippines

Figures from Internet World Stats pegged the number of online Filipinos at 7.82 Million in 2005 (compared to only 2 Million in 2000). That means a little over 3 out of every 5 people who have access to the internet have a Friendster account.

See also  Hacked DOH website being used for BPI credit card phishing

That’s a real good subscription rate. But I guess that 5 Million includes duplicate accounts, ghost and anonymous accounts most people use to lurk around Friendter looking for pictures.

5 1 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
26 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
rasheed
rasheed
13 years ago

kantutero aq bkit tsu2paen nio q?>?????

rasheed
rasheed
13 years ago

cnung gusto pakantot pede aq!!!

sara
sara
13 years ago

hi i just want to know all da friendster email in all filipinos specially my crush roybben benitez…..

Mia Marie
Mia Marie
13 years ago

Ahm..For me, friendster is d besT..!!! I’m not yet adDict..because na sa iyo naman yon kung mag papa aDdiCt ka..Ryt? Ginawa niLa anG friendster so that we can communicate to our friends, relatives, CRUSH (ahem) and alSo to our family..buT i hopE that the oMg pUt sOme oTher fUnny and enJoyabLe thiNgx..pAra maS mArami pa ung mAg reGister..tSaka pAra mas mAsAya..

gina
gina
14 years ago

i just wanted to make a suggestion to friendster developers… based on my experience, there is a person who used my name to create an account, used my photo, put my face on a nude photos… it’s really disgusting. i just learn about this through my friend who search for my name and told me that why i’ve upload such photos.

although there is note on friendster that members should not post nudity on this site.. why other users are still posting those kind of photos.

suggest to please make sure that there are incharge on filtering of photos that are being posted on friendster.

karen
karen
14 years ago

hay,,, naku ang hirap mag friendster lalo na kapag mabagal ang internet noh..,,

paolo
paolo
14 years ago

im quite hooked in the net. in friendster for example, i have 10 accounts, each with more than a thousand friends each. i guess that 5 million doesn’t really translate that 5 million different individuals have friendster site. but still, the figure is awesome. good thing that friendster had updated their site wherein you can have several thousand friends on one account, at least you dont have to keep on creating new one just to accomodate all the pending invites to you. ^_^

sphincter
sphincter
15 years ago

Do a search on Friendster. Any country, and 90% of the profiles shown are Filippions….

spider
15 years ago

frienster is da best! talaga they should put more a lot of interesting thing to edit your profile its fun you make friends and all that stuff! but for me my space is the best than anyone else

Jesol Palada
Jesol Palada
15 years ago

Friendster Rules!…hahahaha!….puta na yan…walang tatalo sa friendster….dapat lagyan nila ng chat para mas enjoy….yung madali gamitin yung user interface

Filipino Friendster World
15 years ago

Maybe this is true kasi filipinos are really friendly. Sana magregister din kayo dito: http://www.filipinofriendsterworld.com/

Thanks.

CHESTER
CHESTER
15 years ago

d noh! it’s more than 5million friendster user hir in our country, sa skul p lng nmin, almost all students have frindster.. it can be compared kung cno yung my fone, meron ding frndstr, e ang dami ding my fone

sphincter
sphincter
15 years ago

I find that really easy to believe. When you search ANY country for people, 80% of the people displayed are Philipinos living around in those countries. Try it out!

Mylez
Mylez
16 years ago

It only means that Filipinos are Friendster addict….I wonder how it started????

malufet
16 years ago

honestly……i also have a friendster account..wait a minute..are we anti’s???great job for that friendster!!don’t really know how it spread so fast.
malufet!

Alfie
16 years ago

yeah, maybe the number bloat because of duplicated account. I, for example, have 5 accounts for my 5 different personalities. bwahahaha. :))

kzap
kzap
16 years ago

i think there are a lot more online filipinos. like how many play online games alone?

The Ca t
16 years ago

yugz,
check my entry about top technorati bloggers.

Abaniko
16 years ago

some have multiple friendster accounts. don’t you think that in the stats, they assume 1 account = 1 filipino? this then bloats the total figure. but it’s interesting that we have this many filipino firendster accounts. what about filipino blogs?

Gelay
16 years ago

Over 7 Million? Kasama din diyan ang mga group accounts, hehe. :)

So does that include most Filipino Friendster users around the globe?

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x