web analytics

CyberZone MOA to close down by end of month

Barely a year after the new CyberZone at Mall of Asia opened its doors, it’s now apparently closing down by the end of the month.

Got curious after seeing some of the stores were packing up last Sunday so I asked several of the attendants about it and they said they only have until July 28, 2009 to pack up and move out.

Cyberzone  Closed

Realme Philippines

They revealed that a lot of the stores in CyberZone aren’t making enough sales to maintain rent so the mall management decided to close it down.

See also  Resident Evil 7 announced, and it's horrifying again

Been hanging around that area for some time now and have noticed very few people visit the place:

• Foot traffic is very low. Not a lot of people knew about the CyberZone area or even know where it is.
  • CDR King is probably one of the few ones people really go to and that’s only because the other CDR King at the 2nd floor North Wing is always full.
  • The bridge-way from the North Wing to the eComm Building took some time to get done so people wandering around the main mall had a hard time to get to CyberZone.
See also  Hanergy Solar Flexible Paper Charger can harness the power of the sun and roll away after

The vacant space left will then be converted to office spaces or possibly an extension of the existing call center in that building.

5 1 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
38 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Mico
12 years ago

Surprisingly ang magandang cyberzone for me is yung bago sa SM Cubao

of course it could only be because it’s new

ace
ace
12 years ago

well, I work near SM North EDSA and the new CyberZone building is such a pain to walk and go to.

OT, but there is something wrong with BPI’s (bpiexpressonline.com)info pages in — mybpimag.com. Why can’t they always check on their web subscription? I need info on their mobile banking, and it’s not working.

Calvin
12 years ago

ok lang yung sa megamall na cyberzone. yung sa moa talaga mahirap makita and puntahan pag nasa mall ka. sana irelocate nila sa loob ng mall.

designnatin
12 years ago

I was in Manila few years ago, I was happy to know that there is a dedicated area for tech lovers.. but every time I go back to SM cyberzone, I just could not find that place.. I’m LOST in finding its location.

Better location – More sales!

IC DeaDPiPoL
IC DeaDPiPoL
12 years ago

Both suffer due to their location:

MoA Cyberzone – a building across the hypermart with only the standard Cyberzone fare and dining establishment (IIRC 3 coffee shops, chicken inasal, mcdo, 7-11, Savory Chiken)and BDO.

SM North Cyberzone – located at the 4th and 5th floor. Going up via the escalator is a chore (a really long walk between the next elevator, blame the architects) and being serviced by a pair of elevators in one side only. The CD-R King branch here is ALWAYS crowded.

Jhay
12 years ago

I’m surprised. I was at the MOA last Saturday and there were quite a number of people inside CyberZone.

Just like Achmed (the dead terrorist) once said, “location, location, location.”

Vance
12 years ago

hmm.. maybe its the price of the items as well…

Pink
Pink
12 years ago

Hmmm.. i didn’t even know there’s Cyberzone in MOA.

Eizan
Eizan
12 years ago

The mall’s kinda big for its own good but not that big enough na pareho sa fate nung planong “Mall City” sa Middle East and some really huge malls in China na di na ni-li-lease yung upper floors. I’m sure SM can recover.

benhur
12 years ago

moa is my go-to mall, i love tech items but i’ve never been there. i’m not surprised it’s closing down. the tech strip at dell side office is enough for me.

Kaye
12 years ago

I never even knew this place existed.

Patrick
12 years ago

@peter: Sorry about the OT. I was merely pointing out that a similar thing could happen to SM North’s cyberzone since ganito rin ang nanyayari ngayon dun. Sorry again…

Mike
12 years ago

Maybe the mall is too big for its own good.

bertsan531
12 years ago

cyberzone location in MOA is bad they should be located at lower levels same in Megamall…

Jovz
Jovz
12 years ago

Sayang…fave ko pa naman yung CDR King branch dito since walang pila and yung mga products na mahirap hanapin meron sila..and I’ll miss ASUS PC Gilmore din. =(

peter
peter

@patrick and biliPh

ano ba ang subject ng article na ito? Cyberzone MOA or SM North?

Patrick
Patrick
12 years ago

@biliPH: It will be like a home lifestyle center area. All the tenants in the upper floor of the main building will move there so that they can renovate the city center next.

Victor
12 years ago

I think the said area is better if it will become a call center office / outsourcing office etc.

biliPH
12 years ago

yup, it’s tiring to get to the 5th and 6th floors of the new Annex just to go to cyberzone… even if there are elevators.

I wonder what they’ll do with the ground floor of the carpark building.

Patrick
Patrick
12 years ago

Well the cyberzone at SM North lost some foot traffic also since they moved from the old carpark building to the new Annex building. You’d forget you are in SM North because of the number of people there especially during weekdays.

But I expect they’d get more people coming in by next year once the Grand central terminal opens. Still, those shops there must have lost a lot of business since the relocation. Their previous spot was just more accesible.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x