Use GCash, PayMaya to donate funds for Typhoon Ulysses relief
Typhoon Ulysses recently battered several regions in the Philippines with its torrential rains and strong winds. Many Filipinos were left with flooded homes, damaged properties, and depleted resources. But we can do something to help those affected and one of them is to donate funds to foundations and organizations through GCash and PayMaya.
Using GCash, you can donate funds doing the following steps:
1. Tap ‘Pay Bills’ on the GCash app
2. Select ‘Others’ > #UlyssesPHAid
3. Fill in name & amount, then tap ‘Confirm’
All proceeds will go to Unicef, Philippine Red Cross, Save the Children, ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya, Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation, and World Vision
For PayMaya, you can donate funds by scanning the QR codes of the foundations.
1. Select the ‘Scan to Pay’ button on your PayMaya app homepage
2. Scan the foundation’s QR code
3. Input the amount you are willing to donate, then tap ‘Continue’
4. Review all details, then tap ‘Pay’
5. A ‘Payment Successful’ notification will show on your screen
6. You will receive a confirmation message via SMS
Below are the QR Codes for ABS-CBN Foundation, Alagang Kapatid Foundation, Caritas Manila, Gawad Kalinga, GMA Kapuso, Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation, and Save the Children, as provided by PayMaya: