Acer launches Triton 500, 900 gaming laptops with RTX series graphics
Acer launches an updated Triton 900 convertible gaming laptop along with the new Triton 500 with the latest NVIDIA RTX series graphics at CES 2019.
The Triton 900 made quite a big noise back when it was first revealed at IFA 2018. It features a CNC-machined Ezel Aero hinge which allows its 17-inch 144Hz 4K UHD touchscreen display (with G-SYNC) to flip, extend, or recline the gaming laptop. Along with its mechanical keyboard, there is trackpad which also serves as a numpad if the user wishes to do so.
The convertible gaming laptop now features an up to 8th-Gen Intel Core i7 processor, up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVMe PCIe Raid 0 SSDs, Audio by Waves, Xbox wireless receiver, 4th-Gen Aeroblade 3D metal fans that increase airflow by 45 percent, and Coolboost technology.
The Predator Triton 500, on the other hand, is the slimmer and lighter version of the Triton 900 without the 2-in-1 capabilities. It has almost similar display specs except that it is only 15.6-inch in screen size. It is powered by a processor of up to 8th-Gen Intel Core i7, up to NVIDIA RTX 2080 Max-Q, NVMe PCIe RAID 0 SSDs, and up to 32GB DDR4.
The Acer Predator Triton 900 will be available and priced in the following regions:
- North America – March with price starting at USD 3,999 (~PHP 209,687)
- EMEA – March with price starting at EUR 4,199 (~PHP 252,362)
- China – March with price starting at CNY 39,999 (~PHP 306,726)
The Acer Predator Triton 500 will be available and priced in the following regions:
- North America – February with price starting at USD 1,799 (~PHP 94,330)
- EMEA – February with price starting at EUR 1,999 (~PHP 120,087)
- China – January with price starting at CNY 16,999 (~PHP 130,354)