Makati implements Modified Number Coding scheme in GCQ
The City of Makati LGU has announced that the Modified Number Coding scheme will be implemented in the city starting today, May 15, under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ), except on weekends and holidays.
According to My Makati’s Facebook page, the Modified Number Coding scheme exempts vehicles with two or more people from being apprehended.
Check out the list of exempted vehicles in the Modified Number Coding Scheme under Section 138 of the Makati Traffic Code:
• Ambulance, fire trucks, police patrol, military vehicles on official functions
• Diplomatic vehicles with diplomatic plates
• Government vehicles with government plates or appropriate LTO stickers or marking expressly showing the name of the agency or office while in official use
• Official media vehicles with markings expressly showing their company while in official use
• Tow trucks duly accredited by the City of Makati
• Vehicles used by medical practitioners in an emergency
• Vehicles with Senior Citizen Blu Cardholders as drivers or passengers