SLEx-TR4 extension to Laguna, Quezon gets a go signal
The South Luzon Expressway-Toll Road 4 (SLEx-TR4) extension gets a go signal for construction after years of being delayed.
This extension will expand SLEx from Sto. Tomas in Batangas to Lucena City. This project is divided into 5 sections:
- Sto Tomas to Makban Laguna (10.58km)
- Makban to San Pablo City (12.2km)
- San Pablo City to Tiaong, Quezon (8.1km)
- Tiaong, Quezon to Candelaria, Quezon (14.4km)
- Candelaria, Quezon to Lucena City (12.3km)
According to Public Works Secretary Mark Villar, the project finally pushed through after the DPWH acquired a “significant portion” of the road right of way (ROW).
The SLEx-TR4 was first planned and approved during the term of former president Ferdinand Marcos. Former presidents Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and Benigno Aquino III also held groundbreaking ceremonies on separate occasions. The project slowly progressed due to ROW issues.